A Good Study for National?

Punisher

Forum Ride Along
Can anyone tell me a good study guide for the national EMT certificatino test?
Much appreciated. :D

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Here's a post from one of our members, MariaCatEMT.

EMT-B Study Guide

My recommendation is to study the following in your textbook:
Vocabulary
Legal/Ethical Issues
OB/GYN
The Topic Guides in each chapter

Oh, yeah, Welcome to the forum.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
How about good study materials for the NREMT-P test? Anyone hear/see anything good?

Jon

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Our instructors keep telling us not to waste our $$$ on an official study guide...just study the book. Read it. Read it. Read it again.

Thats the advice they have used for nearly 15 years and they have a 94% first time pass rate on the State/NR exam.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I wouldn't spend money on the "official" study guide, I did, and it wasn't any different from the random study guides I purchased.

My study plan was:

1. EMT-B Practical Skills Station Study Video
2. KnightLite EMT-B Study Helper (http://knightlite.net/sig1830/emtb.htm). I printed out literally more than 1000 questions in a test format, and did them all, twice.
3. Did my book's tests

I passed :) Good luck!

Doctor B

Forum Crew Member
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon@Apr 8 2005, 08:01 AM
How about good study materials for the NREMT-P test? Anyone hear/see anything good?

Jon
Best one out there to prep for the NREMT-P exam is published by the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons entitled: "Paramedic Review Manual for the National Certification". Amazon.com sells it for 29.95. Also the best paramedic text manual I've found so far is Mosby's Paramedic Textbook Second Edition.

aristigal

Forum Probie
Good luck I took mine last weekend. I like the Barons that was good and the Brady one was ok. I got that cause we used the Brady book. The barons was better cause it had answer sheets to you could copy them.

Study Peds!!!!

CodeSurfer

Forum Captain
PM me and I will send you a helpful word doc that covers about everything on national registry.