6 months after getting my EMT-B patch/cert

GoldcrossEMTbasic

Forum Lieutenant
Recently I have been applying for an EMT-B job with any Ambulance Agency in my area! Since receiving my patch, I have not gotten one call or email from any agency, no such luck! But finally I thought I needed to call 911 for myself, I just about had a syncopal episode:lol: Today I check my emails; Low and behold I get an email from an Hospital in St. Paul, MN for a phone interview, anybody ever had a phone interview?:huh: And what do they ask while I am being interviewed over the phone? Any tips please advise:D Anyway, his hospital, at which I would like to remain confidential; has their own EMS service. BLS with 2 EMT-Bs and ALS with a paramedic and a Basic on board the ALS rig. So the position I applied for is a BLS position, I think it entails basic 911 response, and intercity patient transfers and VA patient transfers to Wisconsin and so forth. If need be, paramedic intercepts if I were to have a CPR in progress, then I would need a medic to push meds. I know for some it can take up to a year for some EMS agencies to take Entry Level EMT Basics. But I think they are desperate because this position has been posted on their site for a while.:) Good luck to those EMT-Bs seeking employment it may take a while:excl:

Drax

Forum Captain
Recently I have been applying for an EMT-B job with any Ambulance Agency in my area! Since receiving my patch, I have not gotten one call or email from any agency, no such luck! But finally I thought I needed to call 911 for myself, I just about had a syncopal episode:lol: Today I check my emails; Low and behold I get an email from an Hospital in St. Paul, MN for a phone interview, anybody ever had a phone interview?:huh: And what do they ask while I am being interviewed over the phone? Any tips please advise:D Anyway, his hospital, at which I would like to remain confidential; has their own EMS service. BLS with 2 EMT-Bs and ALS with a paramedic and a Basic on board the ALS rig. So the position I applied for is a BLS position, I think it entails basic 911 response, and intercity patient transfers and VA patient transfers to Wisconsin and so forth. If need be, paramedic intercepts if I were to have a CPR in progress, then I would need a medic to push meds. I know for some it can take up to a year for some EMS agencies to take Entry Level EMT Basics. But I think they are desperate because this position has been posted on their site for a while.:) Good luck to those EMT-Bs seeking employment it may take a while:excl:

The only thing I can think of...try not to sound monotone ^_^

OP
OP
G

GoldcrossEMTbasic

Forum Lieutenant
Yes, that is true. Basicly you are wanting to try and sell your self to that agency Like sound punctual, and with a great positive attitude, But don't over do it, And don't interrupt the interviewer; and don't ask so many irrelevant questions. I got some tips from my college job coach.