3 months of waiting

WVEmt

Forum Crew Member
the state finally approved my emt reciprocity. turns out the hold up was the state ems office never got my background check results from the state police. so after 3 months of waiting i call the state police office and find out it was mailed to my station. further investigation reveals this envelope was stashed in a folder in the billing office. i love my company....

kermit

Forum Crew Member
That was a little like I felt a few years back, with my trucking company. I got a 15.00 ticket for not having a fuel tax sticker on my truck. Since it was the company's job to have everything up to speed,they had me drop it off at the office for them to pay.....They never paid it....... OK years later I get a random DL check at a weigh station and find out that my licenses had been suspended for over a year. cost me 400.00 and was stuck all weekend in a parking lot beside I40 waiting for the DMV to open Monday. Had to catch a cab and go pay another 40.00 for a new CDL.Thank god i was In the same state my DL was in. That's just one of the MANY stories that has led up to me hating trucking and looking forward to being an EMT.LOL I realize this wasn't EMS related but all companies have a way of letting hang out to dry.

OP
OP
WVEmt

WVEmt

Forum Crew Member
when i was 16 i got caught with tobacco at school. the police fined me 75 dollars. forgot about it and 5 years later, when i was living in texas, i get a phone call from my mom saying my license was just suspended. guess theres inefficiency everywhere. lol

Sassafras

Forum Captain
Which reminds me, it's been over a month since I recertified CPR...where's my card?

rescue99

Forum Deputy Chief
they didnt give you your card at the end of the class?

Nope. AHA has a 30 day window before cards have to be issued. Many TC's won't hand them out until all paperwork has been accounted for. Note that the TC doesn't have to be accountable for their time, only the instructor.