2000 FL60 extended cab ALS ambulance

RSMS

Forum Probie
IMG_7409[1].JPG IMG_7409[1].JPG IMG_7427[1].JPG I have a nice 00 Freightliner FL60 ambulance I would like to sell. It has a Cummins 5.9L engine and an American LaFrance body. It has air ride suspension with dump valve, Alcola alloy wheels, Power mirrors, Power door lock systems for the module, Dual cold A/C, Back-up camera, laptop stand, 2 motorola chargers, Streamlight charger, Lantern chargers, hand held spot light, 3M Opticon system, Wheelen Traffic advisor lights, Communication system with 3 David Clark headsets, Very nice light and strobe package, Dual air horns, Block heater, Auto idle advance, Ward Diesel "No Smoke System" exhaust system. It runs and drives nice. Inside the cab is very clean and only shows minimal wear on the dash coloring and minor wear on both seats. It is powered by a 230hp 5.9L Cummins turbo diesel with only 90k miles and 11k hours with Allison MD3060 transmission. It also has a Kussmaul shore power, Vanner Power Group IQ2600 inverter, Rope lights in boxes, Oxygen system, Suction system, Air purification system, Child seat, 2 locking cabinets. I would be interested in selling the module separately. We would be able to professionally remove the module and complete wiring including from the chassis and help find transportation to you if needed. Once again, if you have any questions about the truck or you want more pictures or specs just give Scott at call 727-460-1098 Asking $13999.00 complete

CWATT

Forum Lieutenant
Wow. I feel like that's an awesome price for a low-mile, clean unit. Are there any outstanding repairs? Do you know the reason behind the sale?

OP
OP
R

RSMS

Forum Probie
Hello
It's a lot of truck for very little money, I agree. It's being sold because it was up for scheduled replacement due to city budgeting. It is a one city owned truck since new here in central Florida. It is a very good running truck and I don't think it needs anything to be put back in to service outside of needing a fresh repaint.

Medic27

Forum Lieutenant
I still think this is a hell of a steal so I am bumping your post for you. Good luck with the sale.

OP
OP
R

RSMS

Forum Probie
Thanks medic27, I'm really surprised it hasn't sold also. It's a really nice truck. I think the chassis alone is worth the asking price or more.

CWATT

Forum Lieutenant
I'm trying to come up with a business plan for it, but without a second / backup unit I can't figure out how I could make it work.

OP
OP
R

RSMS

Forum Probie
CWATT If you would like any other pics or specs let me know and I will get them to you via email. I can come up with a second medium duty ALS truck if that would help you. I would think I could do this within a month or so. It probably would be an international and probably not an extended cab. When this municipality rotates their trucks they usually have around 125-150k miles but are well maintained. It's hard to find them as low of miles and as unique as this one. I do have a few other municipalities that I could also shop for other options. Let me know if I can help in anyway.
thanks Scott

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
May I ask what city that came from? I do not care if you bought it at auction and are flipping, I am just curious since you said Central FL...the paint and the truck itself look different than most around here.

Not knocking the sale, because if as described then it is a deal.

OP
OP
R

RSMS

Forum Probie
Hello
I;m not someone who buys random items at an auction to flip. I work with (not for) a very high volume municipal sales franchise dealer and I get the majority of the municipal trades. I also have several municipalities I've been working directly with for a long time helping them liquidate their quality equipment. The stuff that usually (not always) goes to the auctions is not the better equipment. This ambulance came from Longwood Fl and it was not acquired thru an auction. You are correct in this is not the typical ambulance you would see a city or municipality having. It is much better spec'ed than a typical city vehicle.

OP
OP
R

RSMS

Forum Probie
The ambulance is still available, figured I would update the status. If anyone has any questions you can either give me a call directly or via PM whatever is easy.

OP
OP
R

RSMS

Forum Probie
Just wanted to update this thread....this ambulance has sold. If you have any other vehicle needs you think I could help you with feel free to get in touch with me. thanks and have a great day!!!
Scott