12 Lead EKG books

firemedic31075

Forum Probie
Anyone know of some good books for getting more in depth with 12 leads?

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Dale Dubins "Rapid Interpretation of EKGs"

Got mine, in new condition, off ebay for $18.

OP
OP
F

firemedic31075

Forum Probie
Dale Dubins "Rapid Interpretation of EKGs"

I believe that book is geared towards basic EKG rhythm recognition. I'm looking for something that deals more in depth with 12 leads.

medic417

The Truth Provider

EMTrainer

Forum Probie
Not a book, but great 12-lead info

Look for a seminar by Tim Phalen. He does some of the best 12-lead training I have ever seen. It's from an EMS/ER perspective and all very clearly explained. He goes past the Name-That-Rhythm method and delves deeply into "so what does this mean for your patient". He has some almost absurdly simple ways to recall various aspects of 12-lead interpretation. I have been to his basic 12-lead course and a more advanced 2-day course. I've not been disappointed and will go again whenever he is in the area.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Don't let Dubins fool you. It is actually written at a high level of in-depthness more than most. Here are my favorites:

Bob Page's 12-Lead ECG for Acute and Critical Care Providers. Catch his lecture. Tim's good but Bob is great!

http://www.amazon.com/12-Lead-Acute...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1245812459&sr=1-1

and when you just think you knew it....

Mike Taigman's Advanced Cardiology in Plain English (written by a Paramedic for Paramedics)

http://www.amazon.com/Taigmans-Advanced-Cardiology-Plain-English/dp/0893039993

EMTrainer

Forum Probie
Dubins Book and Lecture

I'll have to check out Dubins book and see if he has a lecture coming up in the upper Midwest.

I'll second Taigman's Advanced Cardiology, I read it first as a student and didn't get some of it, but I went back after a few years and really enjoyed re-reading it.

Phalen co-authored a book with Barb Aehlert The 12-lead EKG in Acute Coronary Syndromes that is also worth a look. You can get it from Mosby / Elsevier.

OP
OP
F

firemedic31075

Forum Probie
Thanks for all the input guys. I just bought Bob Page's 12-Lead ECG for Acute and Critical Care Providers. Looks like it will have all the info I'm looking for.