1 and 1 Rig?

OP
OP
L

LeoLi4

Forum Probie
What is a SNF? Sorry, I am still very new to all the acronym.

Last edited by a moderator:

JPINFV

Gadfly
SNF=Skilled nursing facility.

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
I don't particularly agree with ALS providers taking BLS calls for their EMT-B partner. They can do BLS calls for me, but I can't do ALS calls for them...

I don't really have anything else to add. Everything else I was gonna say has been covered.

Some medics don't trust basics enough at their agency (I don't mean you, I'm speaking in the general sense) to trust them with unsupervised pt care and documentation. Consider also that many EMT's hired by the privates are brand new and not wise in the ways of proper PCR documentation.

I insist on teching all of the calls at the private agency that I work at per diem. If something were to happen to my P-card, it would have a significantly negative impact on my full time firemedic career. I can't have that.

Most basics that I come across are more than happy to let me tech everything. It gives tham a break from writing reports with the high call volume and relatively unexciting calls (discharges and such).

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
What is a SNF? Sorry, I am still very new to all the acronym.

I like to tell my IFT pts that they're either going to a skilled nursing facility or rehab. When a pt asks where we're taking them, those two options sound way better than telling them that they're going to a nursing home, with the stigma that's attatched to the term.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Well, a SNF is also a level of chronic care. A SNF isn't the same as an assisted living facility, which isn't the same as a board and care/halfway house.

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
Well, a SNF is also a level of chronic care. A SNF isn't the same as an assisted living facility, which isn't the same as a board and care/halfway house.

If they're going to Sunrise or another legit assisted living facility, I tell them that I'm taking them home back to their apt, since they're free to come and go as they please, and they don't feel like it's the end of the road for them.

I'll typically refer to any NH as a SNF. It just sounds better.

JPINFV

Gadfly
If a patient has all of their lights on upstairs, there's nothing stopping them from leaving a SNF either.