the 100% directionless thread

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
Today is the one-year anniversary of the day that I finally told a counselor that I wanted to kill myself. Took a lot of courage and some support from a good friend, but it broke the back of the beast living in my head and I made it to another birthday. :)

EMT2015

Forum Captain
Today is the one-year anniversary of the day that I finally told a counselor that I wanted to kill myself. Took a lot of courage and some support from a good friend, but it broke the back of the beast living in my head and I made it to another birthday. :)
That is awesome that you had the courage to do that. As someone who's just learning how to deal with depression and went through the same thing as you just about 3 months ago, I know how hard it can be to find the courage to reach out for help. In my case, I ended up talking with some cops who I know pretty well.

Seirende

As someone who's just learning how to deal with depression and went through the same thing as you just about 3 months ago, I know how hard it can be to find the courage to reach out for help. In my case, I ended up talking with some cops who I know pretty well.

I am glad that you have support and I wish you wellbeing. I'm becoming more educated, finding more resources, and sharing more with my friends over time. There's light in the tunnel, even if I don't see an end right now.

Seirende

DE, what's going on?

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Someday I'll be able to talk to someone.
This is my diagnosis of DE's problem...

cat-got-your-tongue-14146928.jpg

Oh, and DE....

14051.png

:p

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I have friends posting on Facebook about how they can't sleep because they keep hearing the sirens of the first responders who responded to the shooting in San Bernardino in their minds. These people had no role in the incident and were miles away from the incident. Too bad they have no idea what the first responders had to see and deal with.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I have friends posting on Facebook about how they can't sleep because they keep hearing the sirens of the first responders who responded to the shooting in San Bernardino in their minds. These people had no role in the incident and were miles away from the incident. Too bad they have no idea what the first responders had to see and deal with.
These days everyone wants to be a part of the drama, and everyone wants to be a victim.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Sorry all. Didn't mean to just throw that out there. I have a therapist... Some days it just doesn't help much.

EMT2015

Forum Captain
Sorry all. Didn't mean to just throw that out there. I have a therapist... Some days it just doesn't help much.
I know exactly how you feel. It's hard, but I have faith you'll pull through it and it'll make you a stronger person!

Ewok Jerky

PA-C
Too bad they have no idea what the first responders had to see and deal with.
Going to school in, and living around Boston in the days after the marathon bombing was terrifying. It's called terrorism for a reason. Give people a break these are scary times and poeole deal with anxiety in different ways.

Seirende

Apologies are completely superfluous. :)

*tacklehugglomp* :p

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Well the Christmas lights are up without me falling off the ladder and killing myself.