the 100% directionless thread

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief
Per our supervisor 15 dead and 30 wounded so far
Keep your head on a swivel and stay safe out there Desert, and friends. My thoughts and prayers to the individuals and their families who are affected by this tragedy.

Last edited:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Keep your head on a swivel and stay safe out there Desert. My thoughts and prayers to the individuals and their families who are affected by this tragedy.
I know several people who are on the call. There are around 25 ambulances in staging areas, we activated 1 strike team (5 ALS ambulances) and may be activating 1 more strike team.

It actually sounds like the scene is being ran fairly smoothly. Critical patients are being taken directly from the scene to the ED. Non critical patients are being transported to an off site triage location to be retriaged and possibly AMAs.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
They were dressed and equipped in a way to indicate that they were prepared, and they were armed with long guns, not handguns," Burguan said. "We have no information at this point to indicate that this is terrorist related in the traditional sense that people may be thinking. Obviously, at a minimum, we have a domestic terrorist-type situation that occurred here."

Source: http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...nardino-Shooting-360080371.html#ixzz3tDBmJ7zg

Terror-type situation but isn't a terrorist attack? Besides the overall number of attackers being less and (thank God) the casualty count lower, how is this significantly different than Paris? These guys make my trigger finger itchy :mad:

terrible one

Always wandering
Roommate called and apparently my street is blocked off. They chased one suspect to a residence nearby my house, possible explosives in the suspects residence.

BASICallyEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Premium Member
To all the SoCal guys, please stay safe and let us know if you guys are alright.
Was out of control here yesterday.. The most crazy thing is how shocked everyone is that this could happen in our area.... People need to wake up and be aware of their surroundings no matter where you live.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Was out of control here yesterday.. The most crazy thing is how shocked everyone is that this could happen in our area.... People need to wake up and be aware of their surroundings no matter where you live.

I'm surprised that everyone is shocked that this happened. It can and will happen anywhere at anytime. It's only a matter of time before there's a mass shooting in the Coachella Valley or in Banning/Beaumont or Hemet. These mass shootings are not area specific, if someone wants to kill a bunch of people in small town USA then that's where the next mass shooting will be. It's not a matter of guns, it's not the guns fault nor the bullets fault. It's the sick SOB that's pulling the triggers fault. Gun control isn't going to solve these problems, it's going to make rightful and legal gun owners harder to own guns. It's going to make sick people like these easier to do mass shootings due to the simple fact that less people will conceal carry when it's harder and harder to own a gun.

Kind of a rant but these atrocities won't stop with stricter guns laws. Hell the shooting at the recruiting center was a gun free zone and people saw how well that worked. People need to wake up and smell the coffee and get some damn common sense slapped into them before they go on a anti gun crusade.

Edit: CA has some very strict "assault" rifle laws such as that stupid bullet button and the ban of "high" capacity magazines. That worked out well in preventing shootings. I highly doubt that these criminals abided by these laws with bullet buttons and 5 round mags. But that's none of my business.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
But that common sense gun control though....it even has common sense in the name, so it has gotta be right! right?

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
How did it go?