the 100% directionless thread

EMT2015

Forum Captain
Reports are saying that now 3 people have been killed in Colorado including a police officer. RIP. :(

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
Reports are saying that now 3 people have been killed in Colorado including a police officer. RIP. :(

I'm saddened, speechless, and heartbroken. It seems like we are dealing with things like this regularly. Makes me feel even better about my decision to carry.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
@Tigger - If you're there, please stay safe. I'm sending prayers and good thoughts everyone's way. :(
Not a good day, though the whole incident was managed exceptionally well.

Sadly, a University of Colorado at Colorado Springs PD officer was killed backing up CSPD. Two other civilians were also killed.

EMT2015

Forum Captain
We are glad that you are ok. Please know that we are here for you. I'm sorry for everyone's lost today. :(

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
We are glad that you are ok. Please know that we are here for you. I'm sorry for everyone's lost today. :(
I appreciate that. Some haunting stuff that I hadn't even come close to experiencing yet in my career. So I'll have a beer or two and then it's back on the truck tomorrow, we'll see how it is then.

But mostly, I'm just proud to be a small part of what is a really good system, both in and out hospital.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I'll have to raise a beer to the Officer who ran into danger when others ran out...

In other, lighter news, looks like I'm planning a last minute road trip to Vegas. Like Sunday or Monday lol

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess

Sadly, a University of Colorado at Colorado Springs PD officer was killed backing up CSPD. Two other civilians were also killed.

I'm sorry you had to go through that, but proud to "know" you. Like EMT2015 said, we are here for you. You always have people to lean on if you need to. No judgement.
I'll raise a glass to you and to the families and friends of those that were taken today.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Here's a sign that I'll be releasing a patient to the care of BLS 99% of the time...Dispatched to a patient at 0100 who "can't walk" but is found not only walking, but walking up three flights of stairs. To her credit, she also walked back down to the waiting ambulance. By God, we fixed her!

"Dispatch, medic unit available full crew, ambulance transporting BLS only."

No sweeter words have ever been spoken [emoji4]

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
My unit is quite tonight. I made my EMT partner take our 3 BLS calls. She isn't too happy about having to actually work.

EMT2015

Forum Captain
My unit is quite tonight. I made my EMT partner take our 3 BLS calls. She isn't too happy about having to actually work.
You just totally possibly screwed yourself right here. Look at the word I bolded for ya! ;)

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
You just totally possibly screwed yourself right here. Look at the word I bolded for ya! ;)
just saw my spelling mistake, quiet haha. And not quiet as in calls (we have been rather busy) but quiet as in there isn't much talking going on

106 hours this week... What was I thinking. Glad it's over tonight.

EMT2015

Forum Captain
I don't know why I'm posting this but oh well!