the 100% directionless thread

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Ahh dont you love that? I once responded from DRMC to cactus city rest area for a TC (2nd in), got canceled and rerouted to a 911 in 79's.
32 to 37's once at 2am :( The literally could have driven to the ER and back before we got there.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
32 to 37's once at 2am :( The literally could have driven to the ER and back before we got there.

Oh nice. Once I went from 32 to 30's at that ungodly hour and we transported, those are never fun calls when you have a nice drive ahead of you.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
you guys and your big azz common desert areas :p Would Rancho div join in that fun or is that the high desert areas?

CALEMT

you guys and your big azz common desert areas :p Would Rancho div join in that fun or is that the high desert areas?

High desert would be AMR Victorville. The "true" desert would be AMR Palm Springs.

terrible one

Always wandering
Rancho Divison - Rancho Cucamonga, Upland, Montclair, Ontario, Fontana, and Rialto

Redlands Division - Bloomington, Loma Linda, Redlands, San Bernardino, Devore, Yucaipa, and Highland

Or pretty close to that. But working for AMR in San Bernardino county you can go anywhere in the county or even into Riverside County. It wasn't uncommon to see valley divisions running calls up in the high desert. I also ran calls in the valley working for AMR victorville

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Good to know. Well maybe if they call me back in two months I'll get to run a few calls with y'all and see why 30 to 32s is such a big deal haha :p

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Good to know. Well maybe if they call me back in two months I'll get to run a few calls with y'all and see why 30 to 32s is such a big deal haha :p

Here you go haha
image.png

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Did...did the person with the blue crayon have a seizure halfway through drawing that line on the left? Lol yeah, that looks like it'd be real fun haha

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Did...did the person with the blue crayon have a seizure halfway through drawing that line on the left? Lol yeah, that looks like it'd be real fun haha
Now do it in a box! It's scary being behind the truck on their way up there.

CALEMT

It's always fun when the medic has to pop zofran when you transport from 30's.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Beer is life.

LACoGurneyjockey

Forum Asst. Chief
So I've been thinking about taking a new job. Better hours, better pay, better scheduling, better equipment, just a better situation all around.
Only downside is (and it's a big one) a 1hr 45min commute each way for 12s. Part of me thinks I can make it worth while at 40mpg, but then I think I'm just crazy.

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
So I've been thinking about taking a new job. Better hours, better pay, better scheduling, better equipment, just a better situation all around.
Only downside is (and it's a big one) a 1hr 45min commute each way for 12s. Part of me thinks I can make it worth while at 40mpg, but then I think I'm just crazy.
Maybe look at moving closer?

CALEMT

You're not crazy. I commuted 299 miles one way for a 72 hour shift. Granted it was a 3 day shift, but still. 299 miles one way (598 in a week) in a 4x4 truck that gets 18mpg on a good day. Now thats crazy.