the 100% directionless thread

Aprz

The New Beach Medic

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Snow day from paramedic school. Can't tell the part time guy covering the first nine of my shift to just go home. So hooray morning off!

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
"Mr. Paramedic, the orders you requested are some of the most insanely idiotic I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent radio report were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this Emergency Department is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no orders, and may God have mercy on your patient."

The above is pretty much what the med control doc should have told me after I requested orders earlier today...Sometimes you win, and sometimes you lose.

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief
"Mr. Paramedic, the orders you requested are some of the most insanely idiotic I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent radio report were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this Emergency Department is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no orders, and may God have mercy on your patient."

The above is pretty much what the med control doc should have told me after I requested orders earlier today...Sometimes you win, and sometimes you lose.
Story?

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

Okay, a simple no would've done just fine.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
First email back from my apps today and it's to schedule a test with the Empire lol ;)
I also drove down to Torrance to turn in my app for McCormick in person (the only way they accept them currently), I shared the elevator with a new hire who said he's only a week ahead of me, so sounds like they move kind of fast. Afterwards, I talked to one of my buddies who used to work for Schaefer, he said to pretty much do the same thing, turn in the app in person, and since I was already dressed up nice (business casual, no coat or tie though) I drove on to Pomona....aaaaand got an on the spot interview. Now I'm coming back to Pomona tomorrow to take the formal written test :D They said their process will take 2-3 weeks to reach the point of formal job offer.

The AMR email said some locations like Irwindale require an appointment to take the test, others like Rancho don't, so maybe I'll head on over to Rancho after Pomona tomorrow and get that ball rolling as well?

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Tested and did the pre employment physical with Schaefer. Sounds like I passed the test, they said they'll call back to schedule a lift test once the drug test results come back (typically around three days). Afterwards drove over to Rancho and took AMR's test. I passed :D but they also said that unless there's a cancellation in the next round of interviews coming up it probably wont be until after New Years when I get an interview scheduled so yeah....

Otherwise still no word from McCormick, oh and I got my OC Accredidation today, apparantly they no longer mail out the orange cards anymore. So if all the above manages to fall through I can apply at Emergency or Care or Doctors lol

CALEMT

CALEMT

It was. 2 dogs were also DOA

So 4 total fatalities? Damn, golf cart vs vehicle right? Im assuming the 2 (human) fatalities were in the golf cart.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
So 4 total fatalities? Damn, golf cart vs vehicle right? Im assuming the 2 (human) fatalities were in the golf cart.
Yeah. Both dogs were also in the cart. Driver took off running

CALEMT

It was sad. One of the bystanders was mad at us because we weren't doing anything for the dogs (they were obviously DOA)

You mean you didn't intubate and provide life saving measures on Fido? You should be ashamed sir!

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
You mean you didn't intubate and provide life saving measures on Fido? You should be ashamed sir!
Couldn't haha. As soon as we cancelled we got a pending 911 in 79s from 35 lol

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I feel worse about dead animals than I do about people

CALEMT

Couldn't haha. As soon as we cancelled we got a pending 911 in 79s from 35 lol

Ahh dont you love that? I once responded from DRMC to cactus city rest area for a TC (2nd in), got canceled and rerouted to a 911 in 79's.