the 100% directionless thread

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
According to our sup, justin bieber got pinned against a wall by festival security by his neck after throwing his drink onto another stars fiances face.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Sore throat? Check. Headache? Check. Building Sinus pressure? Check. Phlegm buildup? Check. Interview with SD Fire Dept day after tomorrow? Check. And a record APFT Saturday morning at drill? Check. Yup, this is gonna be a fun week

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Officially started a trial on Remote Ischemic Conditioning today. Intersted to see the results. I'll have to wait two years, though...

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I hate math. Doing college algebra online for my Excelsior requirement ugh

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
According to our sup, justin bieber got pinned against a wall by festival security by his neck after throwing his drink onto another stars fiances face.

I heard goldenvoice also threw him out for not having a wristband, would have loved to have been there to see him get his *** beat.

CALEMT

$298.00 later and my truck registration is done.

CALEMT

I was amazed when I registered my Ranger in CA and they told me it was a commercial vehicle and needed to hit the scales.

Yeah I know it sucks you have to register as a commercial vehicle, strange about the scales, didn't need to do that with my truck. Apparently I've heard as a rumor that if you put a bed cap on your truck that you don't have to register it as a commercial vehicle. Don't know how true that is.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Things are getting better at work. The past two weeks were fun. Might be better cause I t

I got to see 2:1 atrial flutter. Per AHA, atrial flutter is the third most common supraventricular tachycardia, yet I don't feel like I see it often even when I am looking for it. I read an article recommending to look at the histogram of the heart rate trends to see if the rate is changing a lot (I can do this easily on the LifePak, but not sure how to do it on the Philips). When I observed this rhythm, I didn't see the rate change much between 136-137, but the histogram looked similar to patients we have transported with sinus tachycardia. I wonder if it is because of a short transport time that you cannot really appreciate this? I would have loved to try the Lewis lead on this patient (even though it wasn't needed to appreciate that it was 2:1 atrial flutter), but I wasn't running the show. I didn't want to step on any toes.

Starting to notice a lot of people using the newer anticoagulants: dabigatron (pradaxa), apixaban (xarelto), and rivaroxaban (eliquis). Will warfarn (coumadin) be similar to MAOIs and pretty much forgotten in the near future?

Ewok Jerky

PA-C
Warfarin is probly still a better drug than dagigatran and rivaroxaban for most peeps, and cheaper than apixaban. I think warfarin will be around a while but might take a back seat in 10 years or so but never go away is. MAOIs. Despite its significant drawbacks, it provides more effective protection against strokes than dabigatran and rivqroxaban and equal protection to apixaban. I will PM you my paper and poster on the subject. Glad to see more of the new oral anticoagulants though.

I think A flutter gets mistaken for A fib more often than it gets diagnosed.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
I heard goldenvoice also threw him out for not having a wristband, would have loved to have been there to see him get his *** beat.
He did, but his entourage didn't.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
@Ewok Jerky Don't forget to shoot me a PM with your paper in regard to those anticoagulants. :)

Angel

Paramedic
I feel like Im experiencing my cold one symptom at a time...first was body aches and chills, then sore throat...and finally a cough with a bit of the sore throat lingering....ugh just hurry up and end.

CALEMT

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
0eae446d5eaff8a5d93f30f2f2be0311.jpg

Cracked my first bottle of this batch of home brew. Chai spiced english ale

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
If anyone in the LA area wants my two tickets to that Cinderella musical tomorrow night at the Ahmanson theatre, my date bailed. They were 75 ea, they're yours if you want them.
Curtains at 8, I'll meet you at will call before to pick them up.