Rotary EMT Service

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Sorry CAL. I didn't mean to quote yours. Must've been really late when I posted.

It's all good. You made me go back and see I had a autocorrect fail... damn phone...

Can't believe everyone is still feeding this troll personally.... Surprised no one has made the suggestion to buy the helicopter, and a McDonalds, and BOOM AirDonalds! First rotor wing delivery service of crap food.

I was going to suggest the first HEMS bariatric service. Sikorsky Skycranes are cheap with a massive payload worthy for bariatric helicopter services.

triemal04

Forum Deputy Chief
Because AirMcD's is a dead venture. I am already delivering via drones...

I need to refresh my BALS soon. Need a new card anyways cause I accidentally washed my BALS. I dried my BALS but it was still wrinkly so I will just get new BALS.
So...until you get some fresh young BALS should we call you ak "old wrinkly BALS" flightmedic? :D

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
It seems that BALS sack has a few nasty bumps on it to.

Oh and I save about 5 lives a day OP, I already used my baby Paramagician powers to save some boor bloke today, I looked death square in the eye, poked him in the sternum and told him "not today son, not today". #BALlin #BALler, all day erry day.

triemal04

Forum Deputy Chief
It seems that BALS sack has a few nasty bumps on it to.

Oh and I save about 5 lives a day OP, I already used my baby Paramagician powers to save some boor bloke today, I looked death square in the eye, poked him in the sternum and told him "not today son, not today". #BALlin #BALler, all day erry day.
Don't worry, when you get old and crusty you won't even need to get off the couch to save a life, let alone actually look death in the eye. Death will just know you're working and not even show up.

fatkid

New, but gettin the hang of EMS
Lol you guys are funny. OK I was thinking an EC135 as seen below. I just wanted to find some information on what type of aircraft you might allready have worked in that might be better for the EMT than others.
ec130-lifenet1-2x.jpg.cf.jpg
That's a two seat chopper, where are you going to put the patient. Are you going to attach them to the skids like in MASH. You may want to go back to your old line of work and leave this stuff to the professionals.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
That's a two seat chopper, where are you going to put the patient. Are you going to attach them to the skids like in MASH. You may want to go back to your old line of work and leave this stuff to the professionals.
As has been mentioned before, that is an EC130. It's likely configured for one patient, two providers, and a pilot. The patient's legs probably end up near the front of the cabin next to the pilot. It's a light duty helicopter and going to be pretty cramped, but people do it all the time.

I would tend to agree with your last statement though [emoji4]

CANMAN

Forum Asst. Chief

FAIL..

fatkid

As has been mentioned before, that is an EC130. It's likely configured for one patient, two providers, and a pilot. The patient's legs probably end up near the front of the cabin next to the pilot. It's a light duty helicopter and going to be pretty cramped, but people do it all the time.

I would tend to agree with your last statement though [emoji4]

My bad, its not a two seater, its a Eurocopter EC-130 B4. Does have rear seating but I don't thing there is enough room back there for a patient, equipment and providers.

Attachments

• 74360_panel_p1.jpg
    74360_panel_p1.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 153

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
My bad, its not a two seater, its a Eurocopter EC-130 B4. Does have rear seating but I don't thing there is enough room back there for a patient, equipment and providers.
That's not a medical layout. Here's a pretty typical interior for a medical EC130. I have been in a helicopter like this. I 100% guarantee it is used for a HEMS role quite frequently. The LifeNet lettering on a helicopter is a pretty good clue it's used as an air ambulance too.

958e6928834ceb7afa87b5bc37294be9.jpg

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Here's another possible layout. Sorry for the small size, but seriously, examples abound on the Internet with even a slight amount of Googling.

b4511e3ba3c2739baa59bb7be73cab88.jpg

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief
Odd. The helicopters I have seen here have the patient on the left side and the pilot on the right.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Odd. The helicopters I have seen here have the patient on the left side and the pilot on the right.
Depending on the bird it can be different. Astars are generally set up ad you described.

fatkid

Here's another possible layout. Sorry for the small size, but seriously, examples abound on the Internet with even a slight amount of Googling.

b4511e3ba3c2739baa59bb7be73cab88.jpg
I have not been in this long, but I just don't see how a patient can get quality care in a set up like this. Do you think these guys can get this type of chopper approved in the County. I have seen the LA County choppers and they are much bigger with enough room to work the patient. Interesting to say the least

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Sigh...are we really gonna call them choppers and birds and such?

Just asking.

FYI for those who do not know...we reference air ambulances as either FW or RW (Fixed Wing or Rotor Wing).

Choppers, copters, birds and whirly things in the sky just are not professional lingo. Small pet peeve and just trying to inform the masses.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I have not been in this long, but I just don't see how a patient can get quality care in a set up like this. Do you think these guys can get this type of chopper approved in the County. I have seen the LA County choppers and they are much bigger with enough room to work the patient. Interesting to say the least
That type of setup is used all over the country, and the a large percentage of airframes use it. AS350, Bell 206/407, EC130, A109, A119, etc... they are all set up like that.
You can provide good care and manage a patient well enough
In addition to, you're from LA. Unfortunately fire runs air medical in your area, and they rely on incredibly large airframes for it because of te fact that they need the larger airframe for their other missions (wildfire supression, SAR, etc)

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Sigh...are we really gonna call them choppers and birds and such?

Just asking.

FYI for those who do not know...we reference air ambulances as either FW or RW (Fixed Wing or Rotor Wing).

Choppers, copters, birds and whirly things in the sky just are not professional lingo. Small pet peeve and just trying to inform the masses.
If those bits of military slang are no-go's, can I call the Dustoff's instead? ;)