Rotary EMT Service

OP
OP
W

White Yup

Forum Ride Along
Sorry I haven't been able to keep up with this thread. I had a 47 page business plan to write. I have reached the conclusion that it's going to be much more capitaly intense and harder to start up. As a result, I will probably expand to air methods once I have more exposure.

How many lifes have you guys saved? I chose this industry over a Mc Donalds because it does seem like your doing something more helpful than serving hamburgers.

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
Sorry I haven't been able to keep up with this thread. I had a 47 page business plan to write. I have reached the conclusion that it's going to be much more capitaly intense and harder to start up. As a result, I will probably expand to air methods once I have more exposure.

How many lifes have you guys saved? I chose this industry over a Mc Donalds because it does seem like your doing something more helpful than serving hamburgers.
If you're looking to make money go with what will have a better profit. The amount of lives we save is not as much as people think. Owning an ambulance company is just like owning any other business you are in it to make a profit.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
At what point in your 47 page business plan did you learn that helicopters and aeromedical transport cost a lot of money? I can see you've gone through some high level research.

I find I'm saving 8-10 lives an hour on an average day. It can get a bit tough when I only run 4 calls on a 12 hour shift, but then I just start placing my healing hands on random people passing by and patient's family members. That keeps my life saving quota up.

Last edited:

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

squirrel15

Forum Captain
Only 47 pages? I have a 50 page one that allowed me to budget for 4 extra BLS helicopters, the trick is to get pilots with less experienced, because they will fly for less.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I found if you give those providers an extra patch, most will work for less actual money, and may be enticed to volunteer. Finding these diamond in the rough employees involves a careful screening process. Usually the best employees will have lights in their POV, a stethoscope hanging from the rearvieW and a sticker on their car that says either, "I save lives, what's your super power?" Or "my other car is an ambulance"

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Why you guys so long winded? This is a 1 page plan if ever I saw one...why over-complicate it all?

1. Buy EMTs
2. Buy existing ambulance service which nets 800K with only 20 hours a week leadership time.
3. Expand into highly competitive, over saturated, corrupt market.
4. Buy helicopters
5. Win.

Why do any of you think this will be hard? Success is easy and achievable with this short recipe.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Why you guys so long winded? This is a 1 page plan if ever I saw one...why over-complicate it all?

1. Buy EMTs
2. Buy existing ambulance service which nets 800K with only 20 hours a week leadership time.
3. Expand into highly competitive, over saturated, corrupt market.
4. Buy helicopters
5. Win.

Why do any of you think this will be hard? Success is easy and achievable with this short recipe.
Still too complex Ak.

Step 1: Buy EMTs

Step 2: ????

Step 3: Profit!

Flying

Mostly Ignorant
I'm ready to get my pilot's license and be one of the first to take Basic Aerial Life Support (BALS).

Medics are getting more irrelevant as time goes on guys, welcome to the future of EMS.

squirrel15

Forum Captain
I'm ready to get my pilot's license and be one of the first to take Basic Aerial Life Support (BALS).

Medics are getting more irrelevant as time goes on guys, welcome to the future of EMS.
Having BALS is what will make his service successful. Without them, his business plan is caput. That's why he is buying the EMTs, so when it comes down to it, he owns the BALS

CANMAN

Forum Asst. Chief
Can't believe everyone is still feeding this troll personally.... Surprised no one has made the suggestion to buy the helicopter, and a McDonalds, and BOOM AirDonalds! First rotor wing delivery service of crap food.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Because AirMcD's is a dead venture. I am already delivering via drones...

I need to refresh my BALS soon. Need a new card anyways cause I accidentally washed my BALS. I dried my BALS but it was still wrinkly so I will just get new BALS.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Because AirMcD's is a dead venture. I am already delivering via drones...

I need to refresh my BALS soon. Need a new card anyways cause I accidentally washed my BALS. I dried my BALS but it was still wrinkly so I will just get new BALS.

Do they still give you the goody bag when you take the class on site? I remember getting that BALS sack at JEMS.

I also washed my BALS, mine didn't get wrinkly, it just shriveled. I think if the BALS were larger, there wouldn't be such a problem with them staying in shape. Probably not a bad idea to flatten em out a couple of times a year.