FDNY EMS Candidates

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Thanks! How bad do you have to be at running to fail out from it? Lol
I honestly dont know who failed out beacuse of PT.
But im telling you, running is not bad at all. Do yourself some good and start running every 2-3 days for about a mile or two. just get your body used to the fact that it has to be moving. Work on everything if you can. Run, push ups, squats, planks. Simple as that. Just remember, no matter how bad you are, there are A LOT of people worse than you. Before you know it, you'll be the one encouraging them to finish.
What we do in Alpha class is when the first people finish, we always try to run one more lap and push the slower guys/girls along. Its comradery and youre all doing the same job. so push yourself and others around you.

emsc

Forum Crew Member
Guys going into metrotech today, let me know how it is. I haven't gotten any mail yet. I hope I get it before I have to go.

Fernando

Forum Crew Member
Who else here is military and will crush the PT!!!! Hahaha I'm most excited about PT I ant wait for this run

Fernando

Forum Crew Member
Btw how much extra is night time differential for the 3-11 class?? And whoever is 3-11 and lives in rockland county NY feel free to hmu maybe we can car pool and switch off a couple times a week

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
Btw how much extra is night time differential for the 3-11 class?? And whoever is 3-11 and lives in rockland county NY feel free to hmu maybe we can car pool and switch off a couple times a week
If you pass through Westchester County Near white plains or Yonkers let me know lol

SIemt

Forum Crew Member
There was only one person in the last class who had to leave after not doing well in the pt, and that was because he had a medical issue with it. The three other people that left this last class were 2 for other jobs, and then the last person got into medical school. With pt, just work your *** off and don't ever stop, just keep going.

As far as the promotion, filing for the test hasn't even been posted. And if they deny someone who is officially on the job for no matter what amount of time, dcas would probably be looking at a serious lawsuit. So don't freak out about that.
I see what you mean , but since people can take the promo right out of the Academy I have a question. I myself have met a lot of people who want to take the promo test, I could imagine how many people I havnt met that want to take it. However, the last promo had less than 1000 list numbers. So I wonder if there is some type of process you go through before taking the test becsuse i imagine more than 1000 people want to take that promo test ya know

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
Guys going into metrotech today, let me know how it is. I haven't gotten any mail yet. I hope I get it before I have to go.

Me, make sure you dress appropriate. It's Metro Tech bosses are there, and it's still the hiring process, just because you're getting your ID and paper work, The job isn't yours til you pass everything and graduate.
So walking in with your hat on and like you heading to the beach. just don't look right. Just saying

emsc

Forum Crew Member
Me, make sure you dress appropriate. It's Metro Tech bosses are there, and it's still the hiring process, just because you're getting your ID and paper work, The job isn't yours til you pass everything and graduate.
So walking in with your hat on and like you heading to the beach. just don't look right. Just saying
You were there today? How would you recommend being dressed? Jeans and a shirt okay? Or would you dress business attire?

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
You were there today? How would you recommend being dressed? Jeans and a shirt okay? Or would you dress business attire?

Just finished up. and yes a pair of slacks and shoes, casual but decent short sleeved shirt or polo looks fine. but like I said. FDNY brass is there, don't be that guy they look at and shake their heads at. expect to be there a couple of hours. Good luck

Nick925

Forum Ride Along
What list number are you and what test are you on? 5003 or 6003?

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
What list number are you and what test are you on? 5003 or 6003?

108X on exam 5003
There are still guys from exam 5003 that weren't called for this class, so assuming they aren't finished with exam 5003 list and will prob be called for October.

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
Wassup guys ! Im in Exam 5003 & my LIST number is in the early 1400's ! My investigator told me there is An emt CLASS starting late July so when they get to my LIST number she said i'll get a call ! Sooo will i be called for the July CLASS or the next CLASS after the July CLASS ? HELP LOL - my LIST number is in the early 1400's ¡ Exam 5003

Just got around to seeing your question. Have some patience brother... To be really honest with you, you answered your own question.... Yes there is a EMT Class starting next week. When your investigator calls you, you should be ready for the Academy. Seeing that your investigator hasn't gotten back to you yet and the classes are full up if not almost full. You are looking at October Class most likely.

Dot212

Forum Crew Member
I've had someone who took the promo tell me the age limit is 29 and a HALF to take the promo. I know the job posting says 29, but is 29.5 the actual limit? Because that half makes all the difference for me lol.

Harlemkid89

Forum Crew Member
Just got around to seeing your question. Have some patience brother... To be really honest with you, you answered your own question.... Yes there is a EMT Class starting next week. When your investigator calls you, you should be ready for the Academy. Seeing that your investigator hasn't gotten back to you yet and the classes are full up if not almost full. You are looking at October Class most likely.
LOL i apologize for getting impatient! I was JUST seeing everyone getting their question answered and im like WTH LOL ! Thanks for the reply ! I was just Making sure ! Im in the early 1400's ! But havent got a call yet so im guessing october i'll get called ! Too late for the July CLASS already

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
LOL i apologize for getting impatient! I was JUST seeing everyone getting their question answered and im like WTH LOL ! Thanks for the reply ! I was just Making sure ! Im in the early 1400's ! But havent got a call yet so im guessing october i'll get called ! Too late for the July CLASS already
Seems like it and dude it's cool. So many things have been going on. I was sitting at my table today laughing because I kept messing up the beneficiary form with little things.....

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
HAHAHAHA ! are you in the academy already ?
Next week, today was paperwork day (w-4, i9, etc.) and the minor thing I screwed up on is who my beneficiaries are..... First time I put their whole name in the first name section, second time I did last name in the first name section. that thing annoyed the life out of me today.

Harlemkid89

Forum Crew Member
Next week, today was paperwork day (w-4, i9, etc.) and the minor thing I screwed up on is who my beneficiaries are..... First time I put their whole name in the first name section, second time I did last name in the first name section. that thing annoyed the life out of me today.
Ohh really ? Hahaha ! So your LIST number is in the early 1100's right ? I have a friend who's in the academy right now But she's about to graduate this month ! Her LIST number is in the 700's ! Looks like It's moving pretty quick !