FDNY EMS Candidates

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
Ohh really ? Hahaha ! So your LIST number is in the early 1100's right ? I have a friend who's in the academy right now But she's about to graduate this month ! Her LIST number is in the 700's ! Looks like It's moving pretty quick !
Mid 1100s lol, and yeah it is moving quickly since they bumped up the class sizes from 120 to 180.

Ambulance402

Forum Crew Member
Just finished up. and yes a pair of slacks and shoes, casual but decent short sleeved shirt or polo looks fine. but like I said. FDNY brass is there, don't be that guy they look at and shake their heads at. expect to be there a couple of hours. Good luck

Hey man going tomorrow. What did you bring? Your drivers lisence, EMT card, offer letter, and proof of eligibility to work In the United States? What about Beneficiary forum? Or is that for orientation?

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
Hey man going tomorrow. What did you bring? Your drivers lisence, EMT card, offer letter, and proof of eligibility to work In the United States? What about Beneficiary forum? Or is that for orientation?

What I bought was all that was needed, the offer letter, drivers license, EMT card and SS card.
But if you are not originally from the US then proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.
I brought my Beneficiary form, but they didn't take it, (That they take on orientation), You fill out another one there and other paper work.
and they take your pic twice in an FDNY shirt they supply you with for the photo ID.
Good luck buddy.

P.S. Dress in Casual slacks Khakis, short sleeve shirt and shoes. look presentable. your future bosses are there and they are looking.

Last edited:

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
What I bought that was all that was needed, the offer letter, drivers license, EMT card and SS card.
But if you are not originally from the US then proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.
I brought my Beneficiary form, but they didn't take it, (That they take on orientation), You fill out another one there and other paper work.
and they take your pic twice in an FDNY shirt they supply you with for the photo ID.
Good luck buddy.

Was wondering if anyone else that participates in this forum got the call.
for exam 5003, and those that are still on the list for 5003 that haven't.
I was pretty sure they would have depleted the list by now.

Sweet Tee

Forum Crew Member
I'm on list 5003 in the early 1500s. No call. I wonder what number they reached.

USMCTom

Forum Probie
I'm on list 5003 in the early 1500s. No call. I wonder what number they reached.

The last I recall seeing post here was in the 12xx. But someone made a post claiming that a phone line said 'last appointed 14xx'. Not sure how good that gouge is.

Ambulance402

Forum Crew Member
Thanks man you too, I hear good things about the P.M class

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Bro, i Heard they pay us for attending the academy! Do u know how much ? More or less ?
Yes, your first day on the job is orientation. You are an EMT once youre in the academy.

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Congrats and good luck guys today was our last day at the academy we graduate tomorrow what a long 3 months lol

IM SO EXCITED.

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
Thanks man you too, I hear good things about the P.M class

Yeah heard they both are good and it's not the class.
it's the people that are in it that make it tops.
I took the AM class since I live pretty far and traffic would def jam me up getting there on time for 3:00 unless I left home at 11:30 in the AM to get there at 3 then make it home past midnight.
I wish both AM and PM classes all the best, we are all in it together.
Good luck buddy !

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
Im in the early 1400's ! Havent got a call either ! I think they are up to the 1200's now ! So we'll get called most likely for the October academy !

No worries if you don't make it for July, The classes go by quick and before you know it BOOM October is here.
In the mean time just ready yourself for it and stay outta trouble.
We all got that from the April class, when they got the call. Just enjoy your summer and don't let anyone or anything come between you and your goal.
Good luck

Harlemkid89

Forum Crew Member
No worries if you don't make it for July, The classes go by quick and before you know it BOOM October is here.
In the mean time just ready yourself for it and stay outta trouble.
We all got that from the April class, when they got the call. Just enjoy your summer and don't let anyone or anything come between you and your goal.
Good luck
Thanks man ! I appreciate it very much ! Will do ! Just one more question ! Can u choose which CLASS u wanna attend? Out of A.M and P.M ? I LIVE in Harlem and would rather have the morning CLASS !

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain

I have seen where they have called people at the very last minute, when some people have a change of mind or what ever reason.
If you don't get the call for this class, I know the feeling, Just chin up and just enjoy the summer,
October will be here before you know it.