FDNY EMS Candidates

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
Currently in the academy now for all u guys waiting next class is Feb ! I recommend if u can take Tour 3 , instructors are awesome .. plus u get night diff on your checks and they offer u OT when you're tour 3 it's a win win situation

Kid in the a.m class was told by instructors that a new class was coming in january 11. I hope thats the truth lol but who knows

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Even with the next class in feb., what # do you guys think they`ll get up to?
I've heard that they go through 300 just to get a class of 120 or 150.

MForest

Forum Crew Member
Even with the next class in feb., what # do you guys think they`ll get up to?
I've heard that they go through 300 just to get a class of 120 or 150.
Yea I heard the same. So what number on 5003 did they stop at for the September academy?

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
ive heard, both. defer and/or dq. some people might not want the job because they found a different job by now. and some people might not have lost enough weight by the time its their # or people may just have a delay.

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
So they should get up into the early 300s To get 120? How's the academy going for you guys in it now

you really think they will get that high??? Im 28X and spoke to my investigator last week. She didnt mention that I should be ready or any indication that I had a shot at Jan/Feb

EMS402

Forum Probie
Hey guys just updating you all and hopefully help people near my number get a idea of where they are at. I'm on list 5003, #107*. I took the PAT on October 25th, and now I have the intake interview on November 25th.

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
you really think they will get that high??? Im 28X and spoke to my investigator last week. She didnt mention that I should be ready or any indication that I had a shot at Jan/Feb
i hope so bro. what did your investigator say to you when you called?

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
i hope so bro. what did your investigator say to you when you called?

Not much at all... Said next class is scheduled for January/Feb. I tried to ask what my chances were to get in that class but she didnt give me any kind of hint. So i guess no one really knows haha... just have to wait and see.

Bluestripe

Forum Crew Member
Hey guys , does anyone know how to restore yourself to the list ? I was offered the academy in September but was unable to take it but I am able to in Jan , investigator said I need to restore myself to the list. If anyone has any info I would appreciate it , thanks

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
Hey guys , does anyone know how to restore yourself to the list ? I was offered the academy in September but was unable to take it but I am able to in Jan , investigator said I need to restore myself to the list. If anyone has any info I would appreciate it , thanks

hey man yeah u gotta call dcas. so your investigator mentioned a january academy?

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
No he said the next time the calls go out, just assumed it was jan.
oh aright, i wish the investigators would just tell us when the next class is, maybe once december comes around theyll have a better feel as to when the class will be. Hopefully we get a call last week of december, nice little christmas present. if the class is in january.

MForest

Forum Crew Member
oh aright, i wish the investigators would just tell us when the next class is, maybe once december comes around theyll have a better feel as to when the class will be. Hopefully we get a call last week of december, nice little christmas present. if the class is in january.
After you complete the medical do they confirm and let you know that all you have to do now is wait for the call? Do they send something in the mail or call you?

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
After you complete the medical do they confirm and let you know that all you have to do now is wait for the call? Do they send something in the mail or call you?

theyll mail you your results of the medical, like your blood work, cholesterol and all that. but they NEVER tell you if you passed any part of the process, you wait for your psych letter if you didnt get that yet, and u just wait. I've been done since early july and ive been waiting ever since. thats how it goes for everyone. for the academy, i believe they call you to offer you employment when they get up to your number. I am hoping that I will be in that position within the next 2 months lol good luck