FDNY EMS Candidates

Mugs89

Forum Captain
Basically one for each season...the next one is prolly February

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
what are the chances they do 3 classes in a row like they did January,February,March 2015? That would be great to get this 5003 list rolling like they did with 4004. Someone mentioned a November academy on here...any truth to that statement?

tenfourems

Forum Ride Along
where did you hear this from bro
I heard from an instructor. He said it's a possibility. I was just wondering if anyone else had heard any rumors like that. He said some private ems companies are going under and FDNY is trying prepare for that because they cover like 20% of EMS jobs so they pushing classes through. Idk how much truth is in it

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
I heard from an instructor. He said it's a possibility. I was just wondering if anyone else had heard any rumors like that. He said some private ems companies are going under and FDNY is trying prepare for that because they cover like 20% of EMS jobs so they pushing classes through. Idk how much truth is in it
oh aright that would be cool. I guess we will hear about that some time soon if that happens. keep us updated dude

Hunter118

Forum Captain
To all still waiting on the call or the process try not to think about it so much they will get to u .. Stay in shape and out of trouble hand in all your paper work ect and be honest your time will come , best of luck to all

Mugs89

Forum Captain
My days start on the week of the 14th, not this coming week...don't remember the specifics wrote it down somewhere...I think the letter will have everything

jayman33

Forum Ride Along
Can anyone tell me the attendance policy while in the academy? How strict are they with missing a day or two? What about being late? I know this is an academy and its pretty strict, but just wondering the exact policy for absences. Would appreciate any info

ems101

Forum Crew Member
Can anyone tell me the attendance policy while in the academy? How strict are they with missing a day or two? What about being late? I know this is an academy and its pretty strict, but just wondering the exact policy for absences. Would appreciate any info
Oh boy you sound like trouble already.. But let me just start by saying that if you're on time, you're late & if you are late the whole class will wait for you to show up. You guys do everything as one big team which means no person left behind. As far as attendance goes; you're expected to show up everyday in full uniform and clean shaven for duty. If this is what your heart really desires then you will make every attempt to follow the rules and play along. Give it your all, and good luck!

adamNYC

Forum Lieutenant
Guys I just applied for the FDNY EMS civil service test. After I submitted payment I clicked continue and nothing happened. I X'd out of the window and restarted it, selected the test, clicked "agree and continue" and went to payment information again and I got this message:

"You have already applied for this exam.
You cannot take the same exam more than once.
Please use the Review/Continue Exams in Progress or
View Status and Summary of Completed Exams links to
view the exams you have taken."

I did not even do the "Education and Experience Test"

What do I do?