FDNY EMS Candidates

Hunter118

Forum Captain
Hey can anyone list what you need to wear and bring on each day. The first day for filing paperwork i remember being told bring black pens and wear a suit. Just wanna make sure i got it all correct. I got the call and barely could write notes.
What's your list # ?

SenorRojer

Forum Crew Member
102x got the call saturday

naps89

Forum Crew Member
Hey can anyone list what you need to wear and bring on each day. The first day for filing paperwork i remember being told bring black pens and wear a suit. Just wanna make sure i got it all correct. I got the call and barely could write notes.

For your ID on the 8th you wear business attire at the least, and bring 2 black pens, your work eligibility papers. For the 10th at uniform pickup you just wear business casual, polo and slacks is what the guy told me. Then on July 13 for orientation we wear our full short sleeve uniform.

SenorRojer

Forum Crew Member
For your ID on the 8th you wear business attire at the least, and bring 2 black pens, your work eligibility papers. For the 10th at uniform pickup you just wear business casual, polo and slacks is what the guy told me. Then on July 13 for orientation we wear our full short sleeve uniform.
What are these papers?

USMCTom

Forum Probie
Hi all, just got my NYS EMT-B and want to apply for FDNY. I have a question about deferment...I am about to start my second year of college in the city, and was wondering if deferments exist, the stipulations, how long you would be able to for, etc.. the reason being is I want to finish my 4 year degree, but not wait until graduation to apply..any help is appreciated and good luck to all in the hiring process now.

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
Hi all, just got my NYS EMT-B and want to apply for FDNY. I have a question about deferment...I am about to start my second year of college in the city, and was wondering if deferments exist, the stipulations, how long you would be able to for, etc.. the reason being is I want to finish my 4 year degree, but not wait until graduation to apply..any help is appreciated and good luck to all in the hiring process now.
Apply in 2016 and by the time you graduate in 2018 you will be near hired

SenorRojer

Forum Crew Member

ems101

Forum Crew Member
haha im gonna bring my passport's. social card, ID, semen sample and urine
Lmao! They didn't tell me to bring anything. But they're going to mail the official job letter and all the info should be on that.. I would bring my social, passport, and EMT card

wanderingnick

Forum Probie
For those who got the call, check your emails. It will include attachments with instructions in how to get your ID/uniform/etc. and what to bring. They will also mail you an official document about a week after your acceptance call. I would always overdress rather than under dress for every event, and DO NOT be late for orientation. You don't want to paint a target over your head on the first day in front of some very high ranking officials.

If you do have any other questions regarding what to expect, there's plenty of info already posted starting around page 150+