FDNY EMS Candidates

mfd444

Forum Probie
Talked to mine today, Also tried to keep the call short but said that calls would probably be going out week of the 29th

RUMCEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Does anyone know how to dress for the medical? Should I dress in dress clothes and bring shorts and a tshirt for the stress test?

Hunter118

Forum Captain
Does anyone know how to dress for the medical? Should I dress in dress clothes and bring shorts and a tshirt for the stress test?
Just wear casual or comfortable clothes dressing up is optional but u have to do a lot of test so constantly rolling up your sleeve becomes annoying and there is no stress test

RUMCEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Just wear casual or comfortable clothes dressing up is optional but u have to do a lot of test so constantly rolling up your sleeve becomes annoying and there is no stress test
Really ok so basically if I dress up with a button down and just take my arm out when needed I'll be ok? Don't want to under dress at the intake someone did and they ripped them up

Hunter118

Forum Captain
Really ok so basically if I dress up with a button down and just take my arm out when needed I'll be ok? Don't want to under dress at the intake someone did and they ripped them up
Yea intake you're SPECIFICALLY told to dress as if you're on a job interview I'd expect them to get ripped up lol and yea that's fine if u chose to do so most ppl when I went were in jeans or Adidas track pants and was fine it's up to you

Hunter118

Forum Captain
Yea intake you're SPECIFICALLY told to dress as if you're on a job interview I'd expect them to get ripped up lol and yea that's fine if u chose to do so most ppl when I went were in jeans or Adidas track pants and was fine it's up to you
When I went I wore a polo jeans and boots and was perfectly fine they won't rip u for not dressing up at the medical

Mugs89

Forum Captain
Each letter has the dress code

The PAT is the only event where u can walk in like you just came from the gym. The medical, still dress good but with a comfortable top, like a short sleeve polo.

I viewed the Psych like Intake. Dress well, there's no reason not to.

Hunter118

Forum Captain
Also for everyone taking the medical make sure you are CLEAN SHAVEN u will be doing a mask test if your mask can't fit they may send u home to retake

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
Guys, khakis and a polo..dress shoes. Not that hard lol. It's the fdny don't show up in sweatpants, that's just me. How long does it take to get your results from your medical. Thanks

Hunter118

Forum Captain
It is truly a nightmare trying to contact your investigator.. Well, ateast mine!
That's because calls are about to go out they have dozens of other investigations as well tho we gotta keep that in mind they also cover fire and Ems including ppl from 5003

ems101

Forum Crew Member
That's because calls are about to go out they have dozens of other investigations as well tho we gotta keep that in mind they also cover fire and Ems including ppl from 5003
Yea, that's true.. I just wanted to check in and see if I'm good to go for the upcoming academy but I guess it's a good thing that they haven't contacted me.. I'm sure they would've if they needed anything. It's just a waiting game from here; the hourglass is almost out of sand! Good luck to all and keep in touch :)

Hunter118

Forum Captain
Yea, that's true.. I just wanted to check in and see if I'm good to go for the upcoming academy but I guess it's a good thing that they haven't contacted me.. I'm sure they would've if they needed anything. It's just a waiting game from here; the hourglass is almost out of sand! Good luck to all and keep in touch :)
Yea bro I feel the same exact way almost there tho can only hope for the best

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
Oh aright cool so I'll get my results from my medical within the next 2 weeks then. And they just tell u whether u pass or not? Thanks bro..sorry for all the questions. Waiting foru guys to get calls for july.to see where the guys early on 5003 will be for september.