FDNY EMS Candidates

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
216 and 5'10" is a hefty individual. I'm in good shape, not ripped out by any means and I'm 5'9" 170#.

A BMI of 31 is obese depending on what source you look at...

Looking at this thread in glad I decided against taking my father's friend's offer and moving to NY to start testing out there.

Hunter118

Forum Captain
I'm 6'3 200 lbs with a muscular build and was medically cleared if that means anything I'm guessing the weight max would be 220 to 225 this is a guess

Mugs89

Forum Captain
Its hard to calculate, cause they take everything into consideration. You could be considered overweight by the BMI if you have a muscular build, that's why the doctor takes a look and has final say.

If your weight is over, you'll know it, the weight requirements aren't crazy, they're pretty normal.

RUMCEMT

Forum Lieutenant
I'm 6'3 200 lbs with a muscular build and was medically cleared if that means anything I'm guessing the weight max would be 220 to 225 this is a guess
216 and 5'10" is a hefty individual. I'm in good shape, not ripped out by any means and I'm 5'9" 170#.

A BMI of 31 is obese depending on what source you look at...

Looking at this thread in glad I decided against taking my father's friend's offer and moving to NY to start testing out there.
Totally but what I'm saying is the person posted they were 230 something at 5'10 and were given 30 days to get to 216 which is a BMI of 31 so I'm guessing the weight requirement must be around that. I was looking for confirmation from someone who has been medically cleared that's bmi is around that. My BMI is around 30 but I'm not fat by any means

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
Totally but what I'm saying is the person posted they were 230 something at 5'10 and were given 30 days to get to 216 which is a BMI of 31 so I'm guessing the weight requirement must be around that. I was looking for confirmation from someone who has been medically cleared that's bmi is around that. My BMI is around 30 but I'm not fat by any means

Dude youll be fine just go through the medical and if they tell you to lose a few pounds, get it done. Taking weight loss supplements will hurt you in the long run.

mfd444

Forum Probie
Oh okay.. If you don't mind me asking, what were you skipped for?

A week and a half before they started calling, my investigator emailed me that after my file went for review they realized they needed info on an old accident. The list of things they needed from me after the intake had a more recent accident on it they needed info on so I figured they knew what they needed and the first accident was far in the past they didn't need it. I faxed all the info they asked for the next day and called to confirm and I was told I was all good and just to wait. I don't think my folder was re-reviewed in time. But who really knows

ems101

Forum Crew Member
A week and a half before they started calling, my investigator emailed me that after my file went for review they realized they needed info on an old accident. The list of things they needed from me after the intake had a more recent accident on it they needed info on so I figured they knew what they needed and the first accident was far in the past they didn't need it. I faxed all the info they asked for the next day and called to confirm and I was told I was all good and just to wait. I don't think my folder was re-reviewed in time. But who really knows
Oh man that sucks! :/ hopefully you'll get called this time around

ems101

Forum Crew Member
I've been trying to get in touch with my investigator to see if I'm good to go but it's almost impossible!

Hunter118

Forum Captain
I've been trying to get in touch with my investigator to see if I'm good to go but it's almost impossible!
This is usually around the time they avoid ppl and try to keep u off the phone lol tried asking mine if I was good and was just told I'm eligible for July

Mugs89

Forum Captain
Whenever I can't get thru I use email. But ya if ur not hearing from them it's a good thing. We're mad close.

Mugs89

Forum Captain
I'm thinking next week, like mid week. I figure the academy starts the week of the 13th and they always use the previous week for id's and uniforms so that's the week of the 6th.

That only leaves next week and the week of the 29th for calls. Then there's the July 4th weekend so I don't think they'd do all the calls, the week of the 29th.

ballzolight

Forum Crew Member
for those who bought a doctor's note stating that they did a recent ppd test, at the medical do they ask you to bring in more stuff besides the note or do they like contact your doctor to see if you did the test?

thanks

RUMCEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Dude youll be fine just go through the medical and if they tell you to lose a few pounds, get it done. Taking weight loss supplements will hurt you in the long run.
Oh I hear you wasnt going to do that just figured if I was slightly over I'd go hard in a diet before next week​

Mugs89

Forum Captain
They send a big scary packet with all the results....with a note that says DQ or COOL...jk, but ya u get the results either way