FDNY EMS Candidates

gotbeerz001

Forum Deputy Chief
After a month if you are not at your target weight you'll get a DQ. They don't play around with the BMI. My friend got a DQ for 3 lbs over
Sounds like you need to talk to some wrestlers/boxers about how to cut weight. 32 lbs in a month will not only be difficult, it could be dangerous. Be safe and good luck, it's probably worth it.

Mugs89

Forum Captain
That's true, losing that amount in a month is dangerous and would probably require serious starvation and fat burners. I was under the impression that if you made significant progress during the reweigh they would have mercy on you?

ems101

Forum Crew Member
Not outstanding vs outstanding , can anyone clarify
There really is no definition that's accurate.. But for a while the next couple of list numbers were on outstanding certification but as we're getting closer and closer to the July academy they're starting to change to not outstanding..

Mugs89

Forum Captain
I may be wrong, but if you didn't call beforehand and explain/reschedule, that's grounds for a DQ. Or at the very least, a long wait to get a new medical date. The # is the general CID #, its on the letters you have received.

gotbeerz001

Forum Deputy Chief
Guy I missed my medical date. What number can I call to reschedule it? Thanks
42f75778dab926b0cf8851f03f500def.jpg

Hunter118

Forum Captain
If u fail to attend you're medical w.o letting anyone know ahead of time you will def be dq'd they are very paramilitary so no half assing and screwing up

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
how many eligible are there on 4004, 1400? hopefully us early 100s are in September. anyone else faxing in their results of their ppd test? good lucks guys

RUMCEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Two questions one anyone 6'3" who did the medical was wondering the weight that they are looking for?

Also if you have a medical issue that is being treated and will go away but may make you fail the respiratory fitness test at the medical But after treatment you woul pass would that dq you even if you have dr notes explaining the issue?