FDNY EMS Candidates

Harlemkid89

Forum Crew Member
I heard that buying the black duffel bag at the quartermaster's is recommended, how much was it and do you need cash?
Now .. We to need to buy a duffel bag ? Where's quartermaster located?

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
ANYONE in the A.M CLASS up for carpooling ? MESSAGE ME ASAP

When you go for your first day at Metro tech Orientation they will announce for those of you who want to car pool, you can start connecting there and make sure you ask around. You will start hearing people say Queens ? Queens ? Brooklyn ? Brooklyn ? Manhattan Manhattan ? just listen out and speak up buddy.

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
I dont have ANYONE with a car that could pick me up ! :( there has to be SOMETHING else i could do lol

Trust me brother it is a lotta stuff you have to carry, , How about posting here if there is anyone on this board that could help a brother out with extra room in their vehicle that can at least drop you off as close as they can in the city and cabbing?uber it back home ?

When is your fitting day at Fort Totten ? and if anyone is reading this and lives in Manhattan or if you could meet them in what ever borough is close to you could help a future FDNY EMT brother out ? Reach out to HarlemKid89.

Harlemkid89

Forum Crew Member
Trust me brother it is a lotta stuff you have to carry, , How about posting here if there is anyone on this board that could help a brother out with extra room in their vehicle that can at least drop you off as close as they can in the city and cabbing?uber it back home ?

When is your fitting day at Fort Totten ? and if anyone is reading this and lives in Manhattan or if you could meet them in what ever borough is close to you could help a future FDNY EMT brother out ? Reach out to HarlemKid89.
Its wednesday sir ! Appreciate it greatly ! Might just have to cab it ! Lol

dgnj16

Forum Ride Along
Hey guys, new here. Anyone know until when they'll be calling for this class if they haven't already stopped..

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
Do they give u clothes for gym session at quarter master?

Yes they do, this is the list below
This is everything they give you:

What to expect from your fittings at The Quarter Master.

5 Dark blue button up shirts
6 black polos (1 you bring home for rotations)

2 light blue shirts ( short sleeved )
1 light blue shirt ( long sleeved )
5 black work pants
1 Pair of Duty boots
1 Class A Pants
1 Class A Jacket
1 Rain Coat
1 Work Sweatshirt ([the one where you zip up from the chest up])
1 BI Jacket
Duty Boots
Class A boots
Bunker Gear (pants & Jacket [both loaners]) (You get yours with your name on it, at the end of the academy)
Helmet
Work Gloves
Red Bag to put your bunker gear, helmet and work gloves in
Tie
Tie Clip
Cover (hat)
2 collar brass
1 cover shield
3 FDNY PT Shirts
2 FDNY PT Shorts
1 FDNY red PT sweat pant
1 FDNY red sweat shirt
White gloves (part of class A)
2 Belts. Smooth one is to be worn as part of your uniform. The other one is your duty belt so you can put your buff **** on it and wear it over your uniform belt in the field.
Bullet resistant vest (which you receive at the end of the academy)

Duffel bag is available for purchase, you are required to have a black duffel bag with nothing on it (no nike check, under armour logo, NOTHING). It costs about 35$ AT quartermasters to purchase if you want. This is for carrying your books and supplies and YOU WILL NEED IT

I believe that is EVERYTHING I may be missing 1 or two items, but I am not 100% sure.
Everything that is BOLD, ITALICIZED, AND UNDERLINED are things that you leave with them at quartermaster so that they can put your names into it for the end of the academy. Everything else, you bring home.

For your locker, i suggest you bring extra change of clothes, just in case anything happens.

Leave your red bag in your locker with the bunker pants, bunker jacket, work gloves. ( PUT YOUR NAME ON EVERYTHING ! )

If you need to shave a lot, then leave a set of razors and shaving cream in your locker. (i always did it before i got to work anyway, but you can look after your buddies in case they forget or they need to shave).

Leave deodorant in your locker ( don't smell like ****, people will hate you, lol.)
Make sure you bring your pt shirts and shorts home after pt days and wash them, PLEASE!

You may want to have the squad leader to buy a cover, because people WILL forget to wear it. There are 15 people in a squad and if everyone chipped in 3 or 4 $, then that will be more than enough for extra stuff. I do not know how squad leaders are chosen, so don't even ask me that, haha.

If you can afford to leave your running shoes in your locker, do so. so that you wont forget.

My advice so that you don't forget anything at home when the academy starts, is to leave your stuff in your car. Put your tie and tie clip into your cover and leave it in your car.

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR CREDENTIALS WITH YOU AT ALL TIMES (DRIVERS LICENSE, DEPARTMENT ID, AND EMT CARD)
AND RESPECT EVERYONE (It will save your *** and it is only right that you do so)
NO PHONES

Congrats to all who got in, and Good Luck!

irene diakos

Forum Probie
Yes they do, this is the list below
This is everything they give you:

What to expect from your fittings at The Quarter Master.

5 Dark blue button up shirts
6 black polos (1 you bring home for rotations)

2 light blue shirts ( short sleeved )
1 light blue shirt ( long sleeved )
5 black work pants
1 Pair of Duty boots
1 Class A Pants
1 Class A Jacket
1 Rain Coat
1 Work Sweatshirt ([the one where you zip up from the chest up])
1 BI Jacket
Duty Boots
Class A boots
Bunker Gear (pants & Jacket [both loaners]) (You get yours with your name on it, at the end of the academy)
Helmet
Work Gloves
Red Bag to put your bunker gear, helmet and work gloves in
Tie
Tie Clip
Cover (hat)
2 collar brass
1 cover shield
3 FDNY PT Shirts
2 FDNY PT Shorts
1 FDNY red PT sweat pant
1 FDNY red sweat shirt
White gloves (part of class A)
2 Belts. Smooth one is to be worn as part of your uniform. The other one is your duty belt so you can put your buff **** on it and wear it over your uniform belt in the field.
Bullet resistant vest (which you receive at the end of the academy)

Duffel bag is available for purchase, you are required to have a black duffel bag with nothing on it (no nike check, under armour logo, NOTHING). It costs about 35$ AT quartermasters to purchase if you want. This is for carrying your books and supplies and YOU WILL NEED IT

I believe that is EVERYTHING I may be missing 1 or two items, but I am not 100% sure.
Everything that is BOLD, ITALICIZED, AND UNDERLINED are things that you leave with them at quartermaster so that they can put your names into it for the end of the academy. Everything else, you bring home.

For your locker, i suggest you bring extra change of clothes, just in case anything happens.

Leave your red bag in your locker with the bunker pants, bunker jacket, work gloves. ( PUT YOUR NAME ON EVERYTHING ! )

If you need to shave a lot, then leave a set of razors and shaving cream in your locker. (i always did it before i got to work anyway, but you can look after your buddies in case they forget or they need to shave).

Leave deodorant in your locker ( don't smell like ****, people will hate you, lol.)
Make sure you bring your pt shirts and shorts home after pt days and wash them, PLEASE!

You may want to have the squad leader to buy a cover, because people WILL forget to wear it. There are 15 people in a squad and if everyone chipped in 3 or 4 $, then that will be more than enough for extra stuff. I do not know how squad leaders are chosen, so don't even ask me that, haha.

If you can afford to leave your running shoes in your locker, do so. so that you wont forget.

My advice so that you don't forget anything at home when the academy starts, is to leave your stuff in your car. Put your tie and tie clip into your cover and leave it in your car.

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR CREDENTIALS WITH YOU AT ALL TIMES (DRIVERS LICENSE, DEPARTMENT ID, AND EMT CARD)
AND RESPECT EVERYONE (It will save your *** and it is only right that you do so)
NO PHONES

Congrats to all who got in, and Good Luck!
Awesome thank you so much. But now i was reading the letter I got and it says on first day of class it says to bring dark colored sweatpants or shorts, and a plain white t shirt with shoes and socks for the fitness training. Now why should I bring those if i am being given fitness training clothes?

Sweet Tee

Forum Crew Member
Awesome thank you so much. But now i was reading the letter I got and it says on first day of class it says to bring dark colored sweatpants or shorts, and a plain white t shirt with shoes and socks for the fitness training. Now why should I bring those if i am being given fitness training clothes?
Yea I was thinking the same thing.

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
In case you aren't given them at quartermaster they run out of stuff quick