FDNY EMS Candidates

EMT6003

Forum Probie
Saw your earlier post about carpooling. A few buddies of mine who went through the academy recently told me that its best to find people who live near you and carpool. Saves on gas only having to drive once or twice a week. My friends told me that its smart to also set up a Group Me if anyone is familiar with the app. That way we can post questions we may have for our class or anything else important. I'll be at Metrotech Tuesday and Fort Totten Friday and I am in the PM class if anyone is interested in setting something else. Or send me a private messages if you want to exchange emails or numbers or something.
Best of luck everyone!
Hey i would like to set something up for carpooling. Im in the night class as well. How do I Private message you?

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
I really want to just wear jeans and a tee shirt...it says casual no? *shrugs* well have plenty of opportunities later to dress up...

This is Metro tech No ??? Where ALL the big bosses are and you are seen. Remember this is still a job interview process. Just because you are going into the academy does it say you have the job ? No not until the day you graduate with your shield and paper work saying you do.
Many wore appropriate attire, Not a suit and tie but a pair of slacks and a decent shirt and shoes. again BOSSES are there and you are seen.
Why be THAT Guy ? Good luck tomorrow.

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
I'm wearing jeans also.

Reposting this

This is Metro tech No ??? Where ALL the big bosses are and you are seen. Remember this is still a job interview process. Just because you are going into the academy does it say you have the job ? No not until the day you graduate with your shield and paper work saying you do.
Many wore appropriate attire, Not a suit and tie but a pair of slacks and a decent shirt and shoes. again BOSSES are there and you are seen.

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
Hey i would like to set something up for carpooling. Im in the night class as well. How do I Private message you?
Saw your earlier post about carpooling. A few buddies of mine who went through the academy recently told me that its best to find people who live near you and carpool. Saves on gas only having to drive once or twice a week. My friends told me that its smart to also set up a Group Me if anyone is familiar with the app. That way we can post questions we may have for our class or anything else important. I'll be at Metrotech Tuesday and Fort Totten Friday and I am in the PM class if anyone is interested in setting something else. Or send me a private messages if you want to exchange emails or numbers or something.
Best of luck everyone!
It really doesn't matter what we wear because I've heard that they give a shirt to pit on top for the pictures. Just dress nice.

It does matter brother.
This is Metro tech No ??? Where ALL the big bosses are and you are seen. Remember this is still a job interview process. Just because you are going into the academy does it say you have the job ? No. Not until the day you graduate with your shield and paper work saying you do.

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
TO ALL WHO ARE ASKING WHAT TO WEAR FOR ID BADGES AND PAPER WORK DAY.
Listen you are still in the interview process of the job. Metro Tech is where all the big bosses are at. So why would you dress like you going to a BBQ ?
you don't have to go in a suit, but go in as you would a job interview a pair of slack/ or Jeans, but shoes and a decent shirt would not kill you and be looked upon as a serious and respectful future member of the FDNY EMS dept.
Metro Tech houses the big bosses and trust me they notice things like your seriousness in your attire coming in for your future job.
just food for thought. ( FYI when I went to Metro Tech for ID and paperwork day I was thanked for showing up in proper attire for the JOB INTERVIEW PROCESS all I wore was a pair of slacks, shoes and shirt and sweater).
Appearance speaks volumes.

Emt1981

Forum Crew Member
Listen you are still in the interview process of the job. Metro Tech is where all the big bosses are at. So why would you dress like you going to a BBQ ?
you don't have to go in a suit, but go in as you would a job interview a pair of slack/ or Jeans, but shoes and a decent shirt would not kill you and be looked upon as a serious and respectful future member of the FDNY EMS dept.
Metro Tech houses the big bosses and trust me they notice things like your seriousness in your attire coming in for your future job.
just food for thought. ( FYI when I went to Metro Tech for ID and paperwork day I was thanked for showing up in proper attire for the JOB INTERVIEW PROCESS all I wore was a pair of slacks, shoes and shirt and sweater).
Thank you so much for the advice.

Sweet Tee

Forum Crew Member
What would you recommend wearing for uniform fitting?

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
Once your on the job do you have to wear the uniform boots they issue you? Can you wear your own?

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
What would you recommend wearing for uniform fitting?

Like Mel said sweatpants/ jeans and sneakers you will be running and RUN you must instructors will be looking at you and expect you to run, walk briskly and do not walk like you got molasses for legs.
Also the first day of Orientation at Metro Tech is one long @$$ day, STAY AWAKE or you will get written up. not a way to start the academy.
Good luck

Harlemkid89

Forum Crew Member
Like Mel said sweatpants/ jeans and sneakers you will be running and RUN you must instructors will be looking at you and expect you to run, walk briskly and do not walk like you got molasses for legs.
Also the first day of Orientation at Metro Tech is one long @$$ day, STAY AWAKE or you will get written up. not a way to start the academy.
Good luck
Quick question .. Uniform fitting is in fort totten .. Right ? And Photo I.D is at metrotech ? I forgot to write down where photo id's are taken !

Repete1116

Forum Probie

I found out that you have to have at least 10 posts to private message someone. This is what was sent to me for those interested.

"Yes, you can click on a user's name and then in the popup box, click on Start A Conversation. You will need at least ten posts before you can use this feature. "

EMT6003

Forum Probie
I heard that buying the black duffel bag at the quartermaster's is recommended, how much was it and do you need cash?