FDNY EMS Candidates

SIEMTB

Forum Lieutenant
Just called myself. 6xx on 6003. Outstanding certification. No idea what it was prior as it was my 1st time calling.
IF and that's a big if, the whole outstanding, not outstanding scenario has any merit, you were probably always outstanding since your file hasn't been reviewed by a supervisor being that they're only expected/projected to reach into the top 200 or so on 6003 for this class, if they even reach in at all.

jb12780

Forum Crew Member
IF and that's a big if, the whole outstanding, not outstanding scenario has any merit, you were probably always outstanding since your file hasn't been reviewed by a supervisor being that they're only expected/projected to reach into the top 200 or so on 6003 for this class, if they even reach in at all.
You're probably right. Like I said I had no clue what it was prior.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
So no one really knows what the "outstanding and not outstanding means?" I called about a month ago and was "not outstanding" and now I'm "outstanding"

Jimazz

Forum Lieutenant
The 5003 guys should start hearing calls soon I guess but it seems like theyve been silent recently. Spooky

centrals

Forum Probie
16x on 6003. Called my investigator this morning, she said my folder was pulled for consideration but she doesn't know when they'll make calls or if they'll reach my list number. Sit tight was her advice.

id need about 360 people to be called to be reached..seems somewhat reasonable for a class of 180. 2:1 ratio.

We'll see. I'll let everyone know if I hear anything.

acoustony

Forum Lieutenant
16x on 6003. Called my investigator this morning, she said my folder was pulled for consideration but she doesn't know when they'll make calls or if they'll reach my list number. Sit tight was her advice.

id need about 360 people to be called to be reached..seems somewhat reasonable for a class of 180. 2:1 ratio.

We'll see. I'll let everyone know if I hear anything.

I feel like they're going to get up to the 200's on 6003 judging by prior classes

Joeyzee

Forum Probie
I'm number 23x on list 6003

0TSQWE

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
Here's big question. For those who are lucky enough to pick AM or PM tour...which one do all recommend..? What are some of the pros and cons for morning and night class?
IF YOU HAVE A CHOICE;
If you are a morning person then I suggest AM, I am and enjoyed getting home while the sun was still out and enough time to study, still get enough sleep. Also depending where you live, I live in Staten island and the commute was easy in the early morning. (zero traffic at 5am), no problems with parking in the academy lot.
Get there for 6AM and trust me take that study group at 6, it helps a great deal.
Pros for me: AM class, PT is last and you leave for home right after, easy parking.
Cons for me: you have to be a morning person and get there by 6AM

If you are a night person then give yourself enough time to get there at 2 pm for the study group and find parking.
remember you get out at 11 pm and ? time gettinghele. so you are up early to study and then leave for the academy.
everyone is different so chose what is convenient for you.
He couldn't have worded that any better. If you're a morning person. Do the t2 class (AM). If you're a night owl like myself. Do the PM Class. Pros and Cons are about the same. Minus the PT. You do that first thing. Then class..... As a recovery, invest in some whey protein and a decent size blender bottle..... Also I highly recommend picking up a pair of Air Max 2016s (or 2017s when they decide to drop). For the kind of running you do they are a decent shoe for even and uneven terrain. Lightweight yet durable.
And as he said also, those study groups are a HUGE help.

centrals

Forum Probie
Does your investigator have any say in whether or not you get selected or DQd or is it entirely up to the head investigator?

I ask because I've been through this process before and had a terrible experience with an investigator. She never even gave me the opportunity to update my paperwork, the intake was the only time her and I ever spoke. 3 classes came and went and I got a letter stating I was considered and not selected to three separate vacancies and therefore no longer eligible.

This time around has been a 180 degree turn. New investigator, prompt reply to emails, always answers phone, up front with me, allowed me to add documents to my folder as late as last week.

I'm not very optimistic but her demeanor kind of drew me back in, so I'm hoping she does have some sort of role in the decision making process.

Anyway, best of luck to you all whenever the calls begin.