FDNY EMS Candidates

emsc

Forum Crew Member
What is your list # acoustony? I'm 250 and have not received any calls from my investigator relating to that. Do all investigators make this call notifying you that your employers will be questioned on your performance? I know my investigator doesn't seem to be the kind of guy to ever call me unless I am missing something lol.
No not all investigators make this call to you. You will find out you got called when the head investigator calls you and asks if you want the job

Sweet Tee

Forum Crew Member
My investigator called me as well to tell she was reaching out to my employer as well. But, im still on exam 5003 in the 1500's.

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
What is your list # acoustony? I'm 250 and have not received any calls from my investigator relating to that. Do all investigators make this call notifying you that your employers will be questioned on your performance? I know my investigator doesn't seem to be the kind of guy to ever call me unless I am missing something lol.
No they don't. I found out my employers got a questionaire about me when my manager didn't know what the hell to do with it so he asked me. If you read back in some of the comments with others questions and concerns they do EXTENSIVE background checks on you. I had to have my mom wrote a notarized statement in regards to a police report I was in from 1995 (the year I was born) and another police report regarding a motor vehicle incident while I was at work. When we say don't hide anything, we mean it. Make sure all your past employers like you basically.

acoustony

Forum Lieutenant
Hey man, I'm in the low 100's. This was the first time my investigator called me. It's probably not something every investigator does. My job even notified me and let me know. Do you have an HR department you can contact? Apparently this is the last step and then the next comes the call.

JZHusky

Forum Crew Member
For everyone who is in the academy or already graduated, is your first day at orientation a provisional or permanent appointment? I ask because I'm trying to see if I'm understanding the late filing qualification for the promotion to fire. The next group of trainees should be able to file late through the department if I'm not mistaken as they'll become eligible after the filing period but before the first day of the test.

acoustony

Forum Lieutenant
For everyone who is in the academy or already graduated, is your first day at orientation a provisional or permanent appointment? I ask because I'm trying to see if I'm understanding the late filing qualification for the promotion to fire. The next group of trainees should be able to file late through the department if I'm not mistaken as they'll become eligible after the filing period but before the first day of the test.
Are you serious dude? That would be awesome. That's the second time
I heard that. Who told you this ?

JZHusky

Forum Crew Member
Are you serious dude? That would be awesome. That's the second time
I heard that. Who told you this ?

No one told me. It isn't hearsay. Google Exam 7501 under the DCAS archive. Page 4 under special special arrangements: late filing. I asked the JoinFDNY Facebook page about it and they said they don't do late filing, but they cited a different part of the NOE that I wasn't referencing and I didn't want to get into an argument over the Internet and get blacklisted. I've been meaning to call HR or someone at HQ directly to get a firm answer on this, but I figured worst case I'd just ask directly if I was lucky enough to even make into the October 31st orientation. I don't believe I'm mistaken though as its stated in plain written English - no jargon or legalese

acoustony

Forum Lieutenant
No one told me. It isn't hearsay. Google Exam 7501 under the DCAS archive. Page 4 under special special arrangements: late filing. I asked the JoinFDNY Facebook page about it and they said they don't do late filing, but they cited a different part of the NOE that I wasn't referencing and I didn't want to get into an argument over the Internet and get blacklisted. I've been meaning to call HR or someone at HQ directly to get a firm answer on this, but I figured worst case I'd just ask directly if I was lucky enough to even make into the October 31st orientation. I don't believe I'm mistaken though as its stated in plain written English - no jargon or legalese
I just read it man, I see what you mean. It looks like we can file. I guess we'll have to see what's good if we make it in October but does that mean filing reopens for us or does that mean we had to apply already?

JZHusky

Forum Crew Member
I just read it man, I see what you mean. It looks like we can file. I guess we'll have to see what's good if we make it in October but does that mean filing reopens for us or does that mean we had to apply already?

No only employees can file during the period, and the period doesn't "re-open". We just get to file late through the department if my understanding is correct. No DCAS / online application.

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
To all waiting for the next October 31st class just an FYI they still have to deplete the 5003 list and remember some people decided to defer to Oct class, instead of going in July. so just a guess but I would imagine anyone one in the low 100s from 6003 might head to October 31st class.

Remember core train, cardio jumping jacks and push ups. diet if you need to lose a few pounds. be ready for when you do get the call and head to Fort Totten,
Check the cocky nasty I am better than everybody attitude at the door, Respect instructors and your class mates ALL of them.at all times.

bigtimecards

Forum Probie
This maybe a stupid question but when you apply on dcas do you just list your emt-b cert with the rest of your certs in "licenses and certifications"? Was looking for like its own place or something

emt117

Forum Lieutenant
This maybe a stupid question but when you apply on dcas do you just list your emt-b cert with the rest of your certs in "licenses and certifications"? Was looking for like its own place or something

I was wondering the same thing too. That's where I put it for mine.

Robert447

Forum Probie
Does anybody know what's the confirmed class size for the October class? Also when do the callings for the academy start going out because I have to at least let my current employer two weeks notice?

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
Does anybody know what's the confirmed class size for the October class? Also when do the callings for the academy start going out because I have to at least let my current employer two weeks notice?
Class size is 180 now. They start to call two weeks before up to the night before academy starts.

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
So they could call me with giving my employer only one day's notice if that may be the case?
Yes, that is what I got when I asked about it when I was at my medical.

acoustony

Forum Lieutenant
not trying to beat this dead horse but just called DCAS and after checking every week and being on an "outstanding certification" the system actually updated and stated that i'm no longer on an outstanding cert and that the last eligible was list number 13xx for exam 6003. From past entries on the forum I noticed that they tend to call you after your taken off the outstanding cert.

acoustony

Forum Lieutenant
not trying to beat this dead horse but just called DCAS and after checking every week and being on an "outstanding certification" the system actually updated and stated that i'm no longer on an outstanding cert and that the last eligible was list number 13xx for exam 6003. From past entries on the forum I noticed that they tend to call you after your taken off the outstanding cert.
i dont know what the last eligible bit is about, was looking for some input on that.