FDNY EMS Candidates

Fernando

Forum Crew Member
Intake is the first time you go down to Metrotech and meet your investigator, turn in paperwork, etc...so the first thing you do in the process after the PAT...sounds like you're way past that point
Yea I did my psych test. And interview and medical and agility like back in December I finished all that. And from what u guys are saying April academy is low 900 so I just missed it for April which should mean I hopefully get into the July academy

FDNY402

Forum Crew Member
Yea I did my psych test. And interview and medical and agility like back in December I finished all that. And from what u guys are saying April academy is low 900 so I just missed it for April which should mean I hopefully get into the July academy

Did you ask your investigator if they will take you? Your card will expire 5 days into the academy. I know you will get refreshed by the end but im not sure if weather or not they want you to have a valid card throughout the Academy. If you didn't call your investigator today or Monday.

Fernando

Forum Crew Member
Did you ask your investigator if they will take you? Your card will expire 5 days into the academy. I know you will get refreshed by the end but im not sure if weather or not they want you to have a valid card throughout the Academy. If you didn't call your investigator today or Monday.
From what ik your card does not need to be valid throughout. Just when u start

FDNY402

Forum Crew Member
Ohh ok then nice you made it. They will DEFFIENTLY hit your number and it's confirmed the class starts July 26th. If I were you id ask somebody in the April class to ask an instructor if you only need your card valid at the start. They are by far the most reliable source.

Fernando

Forum Crew Member
Ohh ok then nice you made it. They will DEFFIENTLY hit your number and it's confirmed the class starts July 26th. If I were you id ask somebody in the April class to ask an instructor if you only need your card valid at the start. They are by far the most reliable source.
I don't know who here is in the class for April :(

Teej92

Forum Crew Member
This process can get very frustrating sometimes. After calling and confirming with the medical office they say I am medically cleared. I called the DCAS automated number and it still says I'm not cleared from my medical. Emailed my investigator and she said she will contact her supervisor. I swear if I miss another academy class because of this I'm gonna be pissed.

Hopefully. Why do I have a feeling I know you though lol.
You know me? Lol

Mikef19

Forum Lieutenant
From what ik your card does not need to be valid throughout. Just when u start

I would check into that. Current class is doing their rotations already and don't take their state for another week or so. They won't let you in a bus without a current card.

spaceferret

lvl: pumpkinslayer
Okay here's a question, is it possible to do fdny ems daytime and night medic school on the outside? Has any one in fdny ever done it successfully?

FDNY402

Forum Crew Member
I would check into that. Current class is doing their rotations already and don't take their state for another week or so. They won't let you in a bus without a current card.

Hey man what do you think will happen to my friend? His expires 9/30 and the academy starts 7/26. So for the first 10 weeks his card will be valid. Do you think they will take him for July? Will he take the state written and practical befor his card goes?

Fernando

Forum Crew Member
Hey man what do you think will happen to my friend? His expires 9/30 and the academy starts 7/26. So for the first 10 weeks his card will be valid. Do you think they will take him for July? Will he take the state written and practical befor his card goes?
Your card just needs to be valid when u start the academy. If it expires during its fine

emsc

Forum Crew Member
I haven't heard anything from my investigator or anything on like 3/4 months. Should I just assume everything is good or should I ask my investigator what's going on? List #11** on exam 5003

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
I haven't heard anything from my investigator or anything on like 3/4 months. Should I just assume everything is good or should I ask my investigator what's going on? List #11** on exam 5003

Our folders are being reviewed by senior investigators. I was called by the one reviewing my folder recently just to check on my current employment status. So much has been going on I was almost DQ'd for failure to disclose about being laid off some time ago.

emsc

Forum Crew Member
Our folders are being reviewed by senior investigators. I was called by the one reviewing my folder recently just to check on my current employment status. So much has been going on I was almost DQ'd for failure to disclose about being laid off some time ago.

So I shouldn't contact my investigator and just wait.....

Fernando

Forum Crew Member
Oh man now scared. I kinda wanna call my investigator to see what's up to see if I'm good

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
Same!!! That's why I want to know if I should call my investigator to see what's up! Lol
They're reviewing the folders for a final determination for the upcoming academy. Easy guys, if you haven't heard anything That's usually a good thing. Fermando double check with your investigator in regards to the whole EMT card thing. That's something I myself wouldn't push off til last minute