FDNY EMS Candidates

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
I know of two people that have quit the class now, they were both in the AM class and I am curious what would be the reason for having people jump ship. are there more than these two ? is the PT that strenuous that some feel the need to bail, or is it other reasons?

Just curious as why would this happen,

Thoughts ?

YetiCake

Forum Ride Along
I know of two people that have quit the class now, they were both in the AM class and I am curious what would be the reason for having people jump ship. are there more than these two ? is the PT that strenuous that some feel the need to bail, or is it other reasons?

Just curious as why would this happen,

Thoughts ?
1 person went to sanitation 1 went to med school 1 failed out there are 177 left total

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
1 person went to sanitation 1 went to med school 1 failed out there are 177 left total

Thanks for the response. Was curious about that happening.
Good luck to all remaining, before you know it graduation will be here soon.
All the best EMT brothers and sisters

Exam 5003 #10XX
PAT Oct 18 2015
Intake Nov 23 2015
Psych Dec 19.2015
Medical Jan, 25, 2016

Last edited:

FDNY402

Forum Crew Member
My list # is 154* on exam # 5003. I spoke to my investigator the other day stating I might not get into July class because my number is too high that I probably wont make it. What are the chances that it's false. My paperwork has been done since the day of my medical 2 months ago

I like your chances, they went threw about 700 numbers to make the April class. They ended somewhere in the 900s so your in range. Your investigator knows more than me thou. Did he/she say when July is ganna start? Also I love how Metrotech keeps telling people that are early 6003 they got July in the bag, then they tell a guy 1500 on 5003 he might not make it lol

Teej92

Forum Crew Member
It's always a mix of people saying different things. But yes they went through a ton of numbers last class since now they are bumping up the classes to 180. I would think this next class you will be good. I remember when I was taking the medical in October they were saying we were good for January class. Meanwhile none of those numbers got called until the April class. Just keep your head up will get the call soon enough!

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
My list # is 154* on exam # 5003. I spoke to my investigator the other day stating I might not get into July class because my number is too high that I probably wont make it. What are the chances that it's false. My paperwork has been done since the day of my medical 2 months ago

It depends on how many people they get through. If she still has your folder then it's possible.... List#11XX on Exam# 5003 and I just spoke to a new investigator requesting another statement of one I had previously submitted. Just asked for a bit more detail

irene diakos

Forum Probie
I like your chances, they went threw about 700 numbers to make the April class. They ended somewhere in the 900s so your in range. Your investigator knows more than me thou. Did he/she say when July is ganna start? Also I love how Metrotech keeps telling people that are early 6003 they got July in the bag, then they tell a guy 1500 on 5003 he might not make it lol
On the day of my medical a guy said they will finish 5003 for July. She didn't tell me when but I was reading through the forum that it starts July 26. I was so upset when she told me I wasn't going to make it in July. I really hope I do

Fernando

Forum Crew Member
I'm list number 94# and my cert expires July 31st so I'm really hoping the academy starts in July not August

FDNY402

Forum Crew Member
On the day of my medical a guy said they will finish 5003 for July. She didn't tell me when but I was reading through the forum that it starts July 26. I was so upset when she told me I wasn't going to make it in July. I really hope I do

Please dont take that as Gospel, that was me that said the 26th lol. I gathered that from sorces that I dont know to well. However, a women on this forum stated the academy said it will start "1 week after they graduate". That could be july 26th, or the first week of August. We will find out for sure id say late June, early July.

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
For everyone asking... I was told by one of the investigators reviewing my folder that the academy WILL start July 26th.

Best of luck to everyone. I will be finishing a seasonal job the week the Academy starts so whoever is going for PM class feel free to hit me up. We should stick together and motivate one another to do well so that we can ALL make it to the end and walk across the stage. Strength in numbers

FDNY402

Forum Crew Member
For everyone asking... I was told by one of the investigators reviewing my folder that the academy WILL start July 26th.

Best of luck to everyone. I will be finishing a seasonal job the week the Academy starts so whoever is going for PM class feel free to hit me up. We should stick together and motivate one another to do well so that we can ALL make it to the end and walk across the stage. Strength in numbers

Oh..... well thats good news for you Fernando lol. I think the guy I know is ganna make it too. His card will b valid for the first 10 weeks throughout the academy so I have a good feelin he will get called. Im ganna call the academy and see if I could get an answer from a staff member, they give great info

USMCTom

Forum Probie
Update from Intake this morning: anyone there today could be considered for Fall academy, too late for July.

USMCTom

Forum Probie
What's an intake is what I'm saying

Intake is the first time you go down to Metrotech and meet your investigator, turn in paperwork, etc...so the first thing you do in the process after the PAT...sounds like you're way past that point