FDNY EMS Candidates

Ryan815

Forum Lieutenant
So who went to orientation today ? How did it go? Is half the class going to EMD?..Any new announcements about anything?

jjay449

Forum Lieutenant
Hello everyone. Does anyone know the number to call after you've done your physical and are awaiting the drug test results? I currently don't have my packet with me.

nyy615

Forum Probie
-They're between 1000-1100 on 4004
-About 1400 on list 4004
-120 a class

I'm very high 900's. Didn't make the April academy. Hoping I'm one the first for the next academy and didn't get skipped over.

Called DCAS, the automated voice message is still saying the last appointed is 706 or whatever. Not sure if they only say the last appointed list number after that candidate has graduated from the academy.

Mugs89

Forum Captain
There was a guy over a 1000 on this forum that got called so I'm just going off that estimate

It said 706 before the April calls went out. Theyre def way past that with the class that just went in.

Hunter118

Forum Captain
I'm very high 900's. Didn't make the April academy. Hoping I'm one the first for the next academy and didn't get skipped over.

Called DCAS, the automated voice message is still saying the last appointed is 706 or whatever. Not sure if they only say the last appointed list number after that candidate has graduated from the academy.
Did u contact your investigator as to why they skipped over your number ? Any pending charges or anything ? I really wonder why they skip over ppl

Hunter118

Forum Captain
Do they send out letters or tell ppl when they are DQ'd or just skip them over and keep them wondering ? Lol

Mugs89

Forum Captain

Did you call your investigator? Cause there were people right below ur number and one above that got calls. I would think you would have called by now to make sure everything's cool?

If your file is good then cool but if it isn't you could try to fix it, to ensure July. So call your investigator man

nyy615

Forum Probie
Did you call your investigator? Cause there were people right below ur number and one above that got calls. I would think you would have called by now to make sure everything's cool?

If your file is good then cool but if it isn't you could try to fix it, to ensure July. So call your investigator man

Calling tomorrow.

He told me back when I took my medical that everything was fine, wait for a job offer, and lean towards the April academy.

Also, got into a fender bender right outside of my house the other day. I know they want us to keep them updated on moving violations, summons', etc. but what about a fender bender? There wasn't a police report, it was very minor, but I don't want them thinking I have anything to hide.

Hunter118

Forum Captain
Calling tomorrow.

He told me back when I took my medical that everything was fine, wait for a job offer, and lean towards the April academy.

Also, got into a fender bender right outside of my house the other day. I know they want us to keep them updated on moving violations, summons', etc. but what about a fender bender? There wasn't a police report, it was very minor, but I don't want them thinking I have anything to hide.
If u hve no injuries from the hospital and police and your insurance company was not involved I wouldn't say anything .. But if any of the above mentioned happened I would say something

Hunter118

Forum Captain
Calling tomorrow.

Maybe U'll be in July idk why they skip if the tell ppl everything is fine and end up getting into the following academy

emtgjf

Forum Crew Member
Don't forget the people who deferred get called first when a class is put together. If you think something happened just call your investigator. I was skipped and I called and it was just a mistake with paperwork on their end. It was fixed quickly and I was in the next academy