FDNY EMS Candidates

ems1745

Forum Ride Along
Just came across this page. A lot of great info, Thanks.
I've heard that the February class ends around April 13th and the next class starts a week or so after that. Hoping for April class.
Exam 4004
#720's

Robin25689

Forum Probie
Ya we're def July, but there's always a chance. The medical always knocks a lot of people out so we're closer to 700 than our #s indicate. And you really don't know how many people will turn down the offer. Not to mention PAT and backround DQs. It's really in the air.
How's the medical knock a lot of people out?

Mugs89

Forum Captain
Its a day of tedious testing, so if there's a problem they'll find it, and you'll have to fix it. Weight was the biggest issue with my group, and if you don't get to the weight u need to be at, in like a month, your DQ'd. A person in bad shape can will themselves thru the PAT but the medical usually catches them.

naps89

Forum Crew Member
Its a day of tedious testing, so if there's a problem they'll find it, and you'll have to fix it. Weight was the biggest issue with my group, and if you don't get to the weight u need to be at, in like a month, your DQ'd. A person in bad shape can will themselves thru the PAT but the medical usually catches them.

For sure, a guy I went through the process with got DQ'd for being 3 lbs over his target weight. Although there's appeals, there's really no grey area when it comes to the medical.

Mugs89

Forum Captain
If the academy is the 20th it only makes sense that calls start next week...the pattern is about 2.5 weeks before the academy for calls to start.

Hunter118

Forum Captain
When ur file is in final review does your investigator call u ? This entire process after getting everything in the my investigator asked for I only spoke to her about 2 times lol idk if that's good or bad lol

Techie253

Forum Probie
My investigator said folders should be going in soon when I called him a few days ago, I assume that means for final review for next academy

Bluestripe

Forum Crew Member
I'm in the 30's on 5003 , physical tomorrow , any one have an idea of what class I'll be in? / how long it takes to complete the whole process

Knuckles020

Forum Probie
Just came across this page. A lot of great info, Thanks.
I've heard that the February class ends around April 13th and the next class starts a week or so after that. Hoping for April class.
Exam 4004
#720's
Then feb class dose not graduate till the end of the month.

RUMCEMT

Forum Lieutenant
I'm in the 30's on 5003 , physical tomorrow , any one have an idea of what class I'll be in? / how long it takes to complete the whole process
Good luck man! I'm in the 180's hopefully I get my letter soon. Let me know how it goes!