Where to get shoulder patch?

costa

Forum Ride Along
Hi, I'm an EMT in New York, and I have the NR shoulder patch but I've been wanting to get the NYS one as well. I've seen multiple people with the state patch that has a yellow border around it, which I assume is the newer version, however no matter where I look online I can't find one to buy. Does anyone know where I could find one? Thanks in advance

mgr22

Forum Deputy Chief
Hi, I'm an EMT in New York, and I have the NR shoulder patch but I've been wanting to get the NYS one as well. I've seen multiple people with the state patch that has a yellow border around it, which I assume is the newer version, however no matter where I look online I can't find one to buy. Does anyone know where I could find one? Thanks in advance
Don't they give you a NY patch when you work or volunteer in NY?

OP
OP
C

costa

Forum Ride Along
Don't they give you a NY patch when you work or volunteer in NY?
Not that I'm aware of, my captain mentioned that I would need to buy one online and that if I remember right that the state doesn't issue any

mgr22

Forum Deputy Chief
Not that I'm aware of, my captain mentioned that I would need to buy one online and that if I remember right that the state doesn't issue any
I was a medic in NY for 11 years. Every employer gave us NYS patches presumably issued by the state. I'm not sure what I would have said if I was told to buy them, but "See ya" would have been a possibility.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
a yellow border? last I checked, the NYS EMT patch was blue...

try at https://nyfirepatches.com/shop/ols/categories/ems-patches or https://www.amazon.com/nys-emt-patch/s?k=nys+emt+patch

OP
OP
C

costa

Forum Ride Along
I was a medic in NY for 11 years. Every employer gave us NYS patches presumably issued by the state. I'm not sure what I would have said if I was told to buy them, but "See ya" would have been a possibility.
Fair enough lol, honestly I might have left this department a while ago if it wasn't really the only option in the rural town I go to college in. I was thinking maybe it was either due to it being an all volunteer department or me getting my national cert then the NY license? Maybe I'll try asking the county EMS or a company back home in Syracuse.

berkeman

Forum Lieutenant
Do you have a uniform store anywhere nearby? They usually have a good assortment of patches, and can sew them on for you as well.

OP
OP
C

costa

Forum Ride Along
Do you have a uniform store anywhere nearby? They usually have a good assortment of patches, and can sew them on for you as well.
I honestly have no idea if there is one nearby or not, do you know of any? I live between Allegany and Onondaga county, but if it's somewhere in between I could probably figure it out.

mgr22

Forum Deputy Chief
I honestly have no idea if there is one nearby or not, do you know of any? I live between Allegany and Onondaga county, but if it's somewhere in between I could probably figure it out.
Couldn't you ask your captain -- the one who told you to buy it online -- where he bought his patch? Or maybe he has an extra one he could give you / sell you / swap for your NR patch.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Apparently there is not an "official" state patch. The tombstone style and the bigger one (not sure what it's called) are all available online. I bought some recently from Code-2 in the Rochester area (https://code-2.com/collections/ny-patches), I was pretty satisfied.