What should I do different...?

truebluecougarman

Forum Ride Along
I have an interview with a volunteer EMS service in a couple weeks. The interview consists of an oral interview, as well as a skills assessment (which they said will be a scenario where my assessment skills are evaluated) they said they are looking for an EMT who can do a thorough Pt. assessment. It was mentioned that this is nothing like the state exam.

But my question is....after being trained to pass the state exams, what should I, or should I even, do anything different with my pt. assessments? Does anyone have a list or form of some sort that could be used as a guideline for an assessment? Oh and BTW, if it is of any relevance/help, I am in Utah applying for the BYU-EMS.

emtstudent04

Forum Lieutenant
Just my opinion. I think you should stick to what you know and what you were tought. If you know how to do your Pt assessments very well you should have no problem.

94H

Forum Lieutenant
Just do it like you do on your state exam. I'm assuming this is at the BLS level and at that level you cant really over treat a person (I know there are exceptions). If you do everything by the book they can teach you "the way they do it later"