What pants you use?

pfmedic

Forum Lieutenant
I currently operate on only one pair of Pro Tuff pants because I'm a volunteer and don't have alot of money. I need a second pair of pants though and was wondering what other pants people use and how they like them?

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I'm in LOVE with my 3 pairs of Horace Small "9-pocket" EMS Pants that I was issued through work.

I also wear a pair of "Combat Cloth" BDU EMS pants from Brigade Quartermaster

The most comfortable pants I own, and I wear when I run Midnights, are a pair of Tan 5.11 trousers. I love them - I've got a "Med Rig" - velcro's into a pocket to make them EMS Pants, but I don't even bother with it.... I just stick my shears in a pocket.

Jon

OP
OP
pfmedic

pfmedic

Forum Lieutenant
Man the horace small are NICE, but I recommend that everyone take a look at the pro tuff ems pants.

http://www.dutygearuniforms.com/acatalog/protuffPP01.html

I have had mine for 6 months and they dont die. The ****ies look like they probably have half the lifespan of the horace or my protuffs. I think I'll buy another protuff and a ****ies as a backup. Then I'll have three pants!!

Anyone have any coments about protuffs? I like 'em!

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
I have to look at my tags when I'm home later this week. One pair is what the PD wears here, the other are special ops/tactical pants.

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Pants?

Who wears pants any more.. So over rated.

BDU. Black. White shirt.

squid

Forum Lieutenant
Damn, I wish I'd known about the ****ies when we were ordering pants. So inexpensive, made in the US, and I've had pretty good results with ****ies stuff holding up well, even the trendy fashionable stuff they're selling now. Cool.

I have no idea what type pants I have -- whatever people have either bought me or outgrown and given me. I have 5 pairs of EMT trousers and none of them fit properly...

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by squid@Dec 6 2005, 03:16 PM
Damn, I wish I'd known about the ****ies when we were ordering pants. So inexpensive, made in the US, and I've had pretty good results with ****ies stuff holding up well, even the trendy fashionable stuff they're selling now. Cool.

I have no idea what type pants I have -- whatever people have either bought me or outgrown and given me. I have 5 pairs of EMT trousers and none of them fit properly...
I ordered a pair of ****ies, just to "give them a try" - I've been mostly happy with their pants holding up for a long time.

Jon

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Whatever pair I'm wearing at the time. (Good thing about being a vollie...no uniforms)

I have a couple of pairs of ****ies, and like them.

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
Our station uniforms are from Workrite. Navy blue Nomex. Just standard uniform-type pants, not the EMS variety. Personally, that works for me...I used to have a pair of EMS-type pants, and I never saw the utility of them since I have a jump kit in my car and all the gear I need on the ambulance.

I do keep a glove pouch on my belt, and at night, I have a clip-on case for my Scorpion flashlight. Other than the pagers and my knife, that's about all I carry on me on a regular basis.

Of course, if I'm coming from home and not already in uniform, more often than not I'll be in my turnout pants anyway, so it doesn't matter.

coloradoemt

Forum Asst. Chief
I wear 10 pocket bdu's. They are like Dockers as they repel fluids. I cannot for the life of me remember who makes them and I am to lazy to get up right now and go look.

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by ffemt8978@Dec 8 2005, 01:23 AM
Whatever pair I'm wearing at the time. (Good thing about being a vollie...no uniforms)

I have a couple of pairs of ****ies, and like them.
Really?

Back home they made us wear white cover alls with "Rescue Squad" on the back in green. :rolleyes:

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
TalkEMS said:
Elbeco BDU's I picked up from galls. Very Nice ...

Matt

I love Elbeco.

I have 1 pair of their uniform Cargo pants, with the hidden zipper on the top of the cargo pocket.

I like them.

If only I could get the red paint to come off.

Jon

40sCutest

Forum Lieutenant
I hesitate to ask, since this only goes to show how much of a girl I am, but here goes:

I'm short and anything but a flare leg or wide boot cut pant looks strange on me. Has anyone come across anything that might have that kind of a cut to it? I know it's awful because the field isn't about style and blah blah blah but I'm still me, and I still want to look cute.

Thanks guys!

OP
OP
pfmedic

pfmedic

Forum Lieutenant
easy!

I dated a girl who was 5 feet tall. She had all her pants altered. Thus, you need to go to the tailor or seamstress with some unhemmed pants and get them to put a flare in... or whatever else you want done.

I just ordered a pair from dutygearuniforms size 32 unhemmed and will have the seamstress use the extra material to flare the bottom of both of my ems pants to a boot cut. :)

Hey, you might as well look nice. I imagine I will meet my next girlfriend in my uniform anyway. Makes sense, doncha think?

40sCutest

Forum Lieutenant
pfmedic said:
Hey, you might as well look nice. I imagine I will meet my next girlfriend in my uniform anyway. Makes sense, doncha think?

I don't know if I want to meet my next boyfriend in uniform, but it's probably gonna happen anyway.

Thanks so much. I'm only 5'4" so I need to get most pants fixed anyway. I never thought of that.