Updated edition Prehospital Emergency Care?

dc2style

Forum Ride Along
Good Morning All!

I currently have the Prehospital Emergency Care
7th Edition. Is it worth purchasing the Prehospital Emergency Care
8th Edition?

I've taken and completed a EMT-B class 2 years ago in a local community college, but never pursued to take the written test to be officially certified as an EMT-B. I was planning to take the class this semester again, but classes seem to be full.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
One might want to review the CPR guidelines etc. For as changes, there might be some internal changes, ( I have not reviewed this text) but; there has not been any national changes in the curriculum, yet at this time.

R/r 911

Mr. Anderson

Forum Probie
Your post didn't mention if you are taking a state test, or national registry. Either way you may want to confirm that you are still eligible to take the exam if this indeed your first attempt at certification.

Many states have a time limit from completion of your class that you are eligible to test. In my area, that limit is one year.

Not trying to discourage you, but make sure your ducks are in a row before you expend the time and energy preparing for the exam.

Peace...

OP
OP
D

dc2style

Forum Ride Along
One might want to review the CPR guidelines etc. For as changes, there might be some internal changes, ( I have not reviewed this text) but; there has not been any national changes in the curriculum, yet at this time.

R/r 911

Thank you kindly! I will certainly take a look at the CPR guidelines.

OP
OP
D

dc2style

Forum Ride Along
Your post didn't mention if you are taking a state test, or national registry. Either way you may want to confirm that you are still eligible to take the exam if this indeed your first attempt at certification.

Many states have a time limit from completion of your class that you are eligible to test. In my area, that limit is one year.

Not trying to discourage you, but make sure your ducks are in a row before you expend the time and energy preparing for the exam.

Peace...

I will be taking the national registry test. I believe it was a one year time limit as well and I certainly did pass the time limit :sad:

Thanks!