UCLA Center for Prehospital Care

ThePsilocybeVibe

Forum Ride Along
Hi everybody.....Maybe I should have asked these questions before I went and enrolled but...

Has anyone here graduated from the UCLA CPC programs for EMT or EMT-P???

How would u describe their program?

How are their clinical programs set up?

I once took the EMT-B course at Mt SAC and did clinical shifts at Pomona Valley Hospital but had to drop out 3 weeks before the program's end for family reasons...I wanted to enroll there again but the classes there always fill up insanely fast. (The program there was awesome in my opinion. If u last past the 4th week, u find urself eating, breathing, sh*tting EMS...) I'm now enrolled in UCLA's EMT program...

I'm sure the program at UCLA is as good, if not better, than that of Mt SAC...I guess I'm just curious about what the graduates have to say about their experience there.

Thanx people :)

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
First off, welcome from another local. :)

I didn't do my EMT-1 training there, but I did take PHTLS there last year and was very impressed with the program. I'm not sure how they handle the clinical for EMTs.

Our department also recently contracted with UCLA to provide our EMS CE program. We do one drill a month, and have a dedicated instructor. Its only been going on for a couple months, but I'm impressed so far. The instructor's an experienced medic, originally from Buffalo, and knows his stuff inside and out. The program coordinator for the CE program is the head flight nurse for the Sheriff Department's Air 5.

On of our FFs is just finishing up their medic program and has nothing but good things to say. He's said that the faculty is very focused on making sure you really know the material and don't just "get by". They're tough, but at the same time, really interested in working with you.