Thrown Under a Bus! Im SOO Angry!!!!

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I hate to say it, but this whole thread is what EMS is all about. In EMS a rig either dies of old age or gets wrecked. I've been part of a small (20 rig) EMS service for two years and I can't even count the number of trucks we've lost. Paying the increased insurance sucks as a service, it really does, but it's part of EMS.

If you've been in EMS long enough you will wreck a vehicle. I don't know someone who hasn't. Whether you t-bone a school bus or back into a brick wall (that was all me on the brick wall one), crap happens.

c-spine

Forum Lieutenant
a small (20 rig) EMS service

SMALL?! 20 ambulances?? In my area, we've got less than 10, I think; split between 2 stations. you must live in a huge response area...?

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
SMALL?! 20 ambulances?? In my area, we've got less than 10, I think; split between 2 stations. you must live in a huge response area...?

yeah! That's not small at all. my EMS agency is so small that we don't even own AN ambulance. :D

soon2bemt

Forum Crew Member
middle of MO

Here in my service we have 7-yes that's right only seven-and not all of them are run 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week. We run on a normal day 4 ALS ambulances-some are medic/medic, others are emt/medic (depends on the shift)-About four to five days a week we run a part time unit-12 hrs a day from 9 am to 9 pm.That gives us two to three extra ambulances in case we get so busy we get an "all call" or one of the other trucks have something go wrong with them-and we have all these 7 spread out to three stations. Two ambulances at house 1(both staffed), three at house 2(one staffed daily unless part time unit) & (which is where we run our "all calls" and our part time unit out of, and two at house 3 which only one is staffed per day-gives them an extra incase of problems with the other truck