Thought of the Day

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Someone please shoot me! Today is the loooooongest day in recent memory. :blink:

"The workday passes like molasses in winter time, but it's July" ~ Alan Jackson

ma2va92

Forum Lieutenant
Originally posted by rescuecpt@Oct 25 2004, 01:24 PM
Someone please shoot me! Today is the loooooongest day in recent memory. :blink:

BANG

there your shot.. but a permanent answer to a temp problem.. never works

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Originally posted by rescuecpt@Oct 25 2004, 11:24 AM

Nah, too much paperwork. :p

First I would have to complete a patient contact report, and my medical director takes a dim view of me killing my patients intentionally. ;) Then there's the witness statement for the PD, and the incident report for my chief, etc........

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Originally posted by rescuecpt@Oct 25 2004, 01:24 PM

I know how you feel sometimes!

That's one of those moments where you just start random topics <_<

OP
OP
rescuecpt

rescuecpt

Hehe, if nothing else, your replies made me smile. Thanks guys.

Thought for today:

Why on earth would anyone do sidewalk construction over a 2 mile stretch at 9am on a workday? Why why why??? (yes, I got stuck in the traffic - and there was a lunatic road rager whose license plate i took down because i thought he might kill someone trying to get through the traffic - he seemed like the hit & run type so I thought it would be better to be prepared).

kyleybug

Forum Crew Member
I would gladly trade days with you, yesterday I sat ALL day in dysrythmia class and guess what, I get to do it again today and test at the end.....2 days is not enough for this stuff. My brain hurts and my eyes are now crossed forever. Those EKG strips all look the same to me at this point :blink: I would love to be able to just look at these strips and say.....yep that is PAC, unfortunatly I can only say at this point ......I don't know what it is but it sure don't look good! There is NO help for me, I will crash and burn on this test tonight.....I will need a MEDIC!! Hope ya'll have a good day, think of me when you think your day is getting bad! :D

OP
OP
rescuecpt

rescuecpt

When I was in my critical care class, I used to annoy my instructor when he asked me what I thought of an ECG strip... I'd always say "icky". Unless it was RSR, then I'd say "pretty". Drove him up the wall.

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
Originally posted by rescuecpt@Oct 27 2004, 08:42 AM
Check out this funny EMS "simulator" I found.

http://www.lessstress.com/simulator/sim.htm

Start with EMS Scenario 24. Keep this in mind... take the elevator. :ph34r:
That's great! Very apropos for this week.

I loved the "My dispatcher's no better than yours." line.

Thanks for sharing.

kyleybug

Forum Crew Member
Well, I managed to pass the test for the class. I'm still not sure how I did it but I did and that's all that counts for CEU'S. I am still just going to print the strip, hand it to my Medic and say...."so , what do you think?" Two days of reading them is enough for me!

OP
OP
rescuecpt

rescuecpt

Originally posted by ffemt8978@Oct 27 2004, 02:33 PM

Let me guess, you found it right here:

EMTLife Post - EMS Simulator

:p
That's funny, because I actually didn't. I was looking for training scenarios for a drill I ran last night. A google search for "EMS scenarios" brings the simulator up as the 3rd option.

What a coinkydink!

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Originally posted by kyleybug@Oct 28 2004, 03:21 AM
Well, I managed to pass the test for the class. I'm still not sure how I did it but I did and that's all that counts for CEU'S. I am still just going to print the strip, hand it to my Medic and say...."so , what do you think?" Two days of reading them is enough for me!
Congrats, Kyleybug.

PArescueEMT

Forum Bartender
for those calls that just don't end...

always remember, "I have 300 joules of bite me in my hand." Oh yeah "the easter bunny sucks at holding C-Spine"

anyone roast some marshmallows over a smouldering engine block???

LOL