Community Leader
Mmmm....T-bone steak time

Attachments

• 20230711_163104.jpg
    20230711_163104.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 85

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Well I really did plan on boxing up as much of my stuff as can, and leaving as close to only the furniture left for the movers scheduled tomorrow (since I'm working today)... but after an early morning fire call (woot! Got to actually be a hose dragger! (Tho dragging 200ft of 4" isn't as much fun as it sounds, but hey, got to force a door... just as the fire was flashing, good thing I was in all my gear and on air...) but meant by the time I got home I was racked out and got like a fraction of stuff moved over..

Well guess that's why I'm paying the professionals to move my stuff to the new apt heh

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Well, the Movers were scheduled to arrive between 9 amd 10... as soon as I parked at like 8:30 they're calling me saying they're already waiting at my apt (and while I was still driving from the station, I got an automated text with a "Movers will be there soon! 3 minutes!" Geez, good thing I wasn't still 10 min away...

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Well, the Movers were scheduled to arrive between 9 amd 10... as soon as I parked at like 8:30 they're calling me saying they're already waiting at my apt (and while I was still driving from the station, I got an automated text with a "Movers will be there soon! 3 minutes!" Geez, good thing I wasn't still 10 min away...

Rather early than late.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
True dat, and they got all my furniture moved pretty quick, got a good deal (they charge hourly, so I gave the guys a good tip since they only charged 2 hours, but could've charged 3 since it was over 2hr)

So yeah, worked out fairly well, just got some misc left overs to bring over

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
Hawaiian Time Brah.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
True dat, and they got all my furniture moved pretty quick, got a good deal (they charge hourly, so I gave the guys a good tip since they only charged 2 hours, but could've charged 3 since it was over 2hr)

So yeah, worked out fairly well, just got some misc left overs to bring over
Early to pick up, late to deliver..lol

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Studying for my HESI entrance exam, and writing my application paperwork for nursing school. Will need to retake A&P and microbiology.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Did my closeout check and turned in the keys to my old Apt, and now it's officially official, updated my Home address in Google Maps and Waze
😅

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Did my closeout check and turned in the keys to my old Apt, and now it's officially official, updated my Home address in Google Maps and Waze
😅
They probably knew your new address before you did. Roflmao

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Seems like everything is official. I am going back to ground in California. Been talking about it in the chat a little bit, but haven't made a post I don't think. Very sad about the scope and no more flying, but looking forward to the lower temperatures, being closer to home, and California pay. I lived in California the whole time so I really needed that California pay that I wasn't getting for the past couple of years. It was a fun experience, but I literally couldn't afford it anymore. The schedule is going to be much better for school too.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Apparantly there's a big brush fire burning not too far from here (well not really "apparantly" as I can see the smoke from my new apartment!) and I'm kinda glad I'm off duty today, been burning for a few hours already, doesn't look like it'll be out for another few hours based on the smoke, so I'm gonna chill in my AC and ask 2nd Watch tomorrow morning how it went lol!

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Grilling the first two of four pork steaks to this view.

Attachments

• 20230805_140349.jpg
    20230805_140349.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 59

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
image.jpg
Surprised to find myself in an AMR rig made by Horton, didn’t think they could afford those.

Don’t worry it’s still already beat up despite having less than 50k on it.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Well that's just great.

Working OT at a station that has a (Ford F550 chassis) Brush Truck, and I'm the assigned driver for it... get dispatched to a multi company brush fire...

And it breaks down on the highway thru farm country -_-

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Well that's just great.

Working OT at a station that has a (Ford F550 chassis) Brush Truck, and I'm the assigned driver for it... get dispatched to a multi company brush fire...

Typical Ford.

M3dicalR3dn3ck

Idolizes Johnny and Roy
Well that's just great.

Shoulda bought a Chevy