the 100% directionless thread

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
And the storm skirted us just off shore. Some of the windward side got some heavy surf and crud washed up on the coastal road, but thats been about it. At my station we had a mix of clouds and some sun, a bit of sprinkles, and otherwise no indication of a hurricane a few miles away passing us by.

Or as our Capt just asked "Does the calm before the storm count if there's no more storm?"

(Storm is still out there, looks like it'll skirt Kauai like it did everyone else)

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
So my school is fully paid for (for the first 2/5 semesters and then we'll see). I'll have extra money for books and even then some. Pell grants....

And any extra money goes to me in the form of cash. This is wild.

I did not know school worked like this for poors like me.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Spam Ban Hammer has been swung. Carry on!

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I think YouTube is trying to tell me something. In my recommended feed today was Disturbed's Down With the Sickness and Quarantine by Mat Best. :cool:

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Apparently we just cut 50% of our mid-level management team for “financial reasons”. ROFL at “we care about your safety” (on 24/48s) and simultaneously complaining about costs, time-outs taken ( we do station-based SSM on our 24/48s) and overtime costs (once again, reference the utter stupidity that is the 24/48).

Old Tracker

Forum Asst. Chief
I usually arrive the day before shift in civvies and then go to uniform in the AM and back to civvies 48 hrs later. But a couple of ugly calls within less than 15 minutes of go home time cured me of changing. I just go home in uniform.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
I usually arrive the day before shift in civvies and then go to uniform in the AM and back to civvies 48 hrs later. But a couple of ugly calls within less than 15 minutes of go home time cured me of changing. I just go home in uniform.

Well it's just kinda... I dunno

If I have to run errands I stick out so much. Even just a shirt change and looking like a tactical junkie is better?

I have the TYFYS stuff already and it's a bit... makes me want to crawl under a rock. I get the "Oh. Do you know XYZ? Oh wait they're at a different service in a different county..."

I get random people asking me stuff like if I work at Walmart? I KNOW I don't so they just see the patch as an "I'll help you"

Note. I just do not like the attention drawn to me. More than happy to help in our out of uniform but I feel like because of how obvious I am in this uniform, suddenly people look at me differently. Maybe it's them scooting away from me (don't mind that) because I'm a plaguebringer or approaching me because the patch for any reason.

Plus I don't ever want to give the public the impression that I'm saying things I shouldn't or don't things I shouldn't, especially in this uniform.

Not that I do anyway, but again, going to a well known 911 service? People apparently saw the tactical team on TV back without a spotter and called it in to complain.

Nobody paid much attention to me in my old uniform. I swear things did a 180.

I do not want to be the source of any boat rocking whether or not it is warranted.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I used to go to work in full uniform, then go home 24hrs later in uniform (usually not the button down shirt just the t-shirt).

Now I wear civvies to the station and then change back into civvies the next morning before leaving.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Civvies to work and civvies to home. I like to be comfortable on my drive to work and to home.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Street clothes to work, and street clothes home from work.

Hell, if you even catch me in and EMS or fire related Tshirt, youve either caught me on a gatorade run after mowing, or I had to stop what I was doing for a hardware store run.

Old Tracker

Forum Asst. Chief
My commute is about 150 miles (one way). I get coffee before I leave town, where I work, and no stops until I get home. The trip is all rural except one small town of maybe 1000 people and no traffic lights So, the uniform is not a big deal. Besides this is the middle of nowhere in SW Texas.