Tech problem: No icons or colors

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
This problem is specific to Firefox 4.0.1 on my MacBook Pro OS 10.6.7. I've actually had this problem with my old MacBook and my new MB Pro. The problem presents with no icons or colors. I can see the threads and read them, but it's as if the only thing I see is only the text.

This issue just started happening one day with no rhyme or reason. Have you all heard of this before or know any fix? This is the only forum it happens with and it works perfectly when I use Safari.

Ideas? Thoughts?

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I am unable to replicate your issues using Firefox 4.0.1 for Windows. I've checked the error logs and don't see anything abnormal.

Have you tried clearly your cache?

nemedic

Forum Captain
This problem is specific to Firefox 4.0.1 on my MacBook Pro OS 10.6.7. I've actually had this problem with my old MacBook and my new MB Pro. The problem presents with no icons or colors. I can see the threads and read them, but it's as if the only thing I see is only the text.

This issue just started happening one day with no rhyme or reason. Have you all heard of this before or know any fix? This is the only forum it happens with and it works perfectly when I use Safari.

Ideas? Thoughts?

Works fine on my phone via tapatalk. Tried it using the latest versions of firefox, safari, and google chrome, all working normally as far as I can tell.

Edit: all but tapatalk were with my MacBook pro running Mac OS 10.6.7

Last edited by a moderator:

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
Works fine on my MacBook. Like MMiz said, try clearing your cache. If that doesn't work, uninstall and reinstall. (why aren't you using safari?)

Last edited by a moderator:

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief

Ideas? Thoughts?

Check your forum display options in the user cp.

OP
OP
bstone

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
I cleared the cache but it didn't help. Again, it's totally normal in Safari but this weird text-only thing in FF.

OP
OP
bstone

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
I just set it to NewBlue but it was set to Forum Standard and not to mobile. NewBlue doesn't help much....

OP
OP
bstone

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
Alright I think I narrowed down the problem. It doesn't happen when I remove AdBlock Plus from Firefox, but the moment I add it back the above glitches occur.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
I'm running adblock on Firefox and haven't had any issues. Can you post a screen shot?

OP
OP
bstone

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
^weird. I just removed adblock and the site went back to normal, then when I added it back the glitch came back. Which subscription list you are using?

Aidey

EasyList English

OP
OP
bstone

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief

Aidey

Sort them by hit count and look that way.

OP
OP
bstone

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
OP
OP
bstone

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
The specific rule is ||emtlife.com^

I disabled it and the site comes back to life. If I block avatars then the rule is enabled.