Team Building

skyemt

Forum Captain
Hi...

i am looking to put together a training that emphasizes "team building".

this can involve skills, or anything else...

anybody have any suggestions?

thanks

paramedix

Forum Lieutenant
Visit this site and get in contact with one of the organizers. Although they are situated in South Africa, I am sure you will be able to get some info via email.

I have heard excellent news from these guys and planning on doing their tactical course ASAP.

http://www.tacticalmedicine.co.za/Index.aspx?Action=Home

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
Try http://wilderdom.com/games/InitiativeGames.html The best teambuilding activities are the ones unrelated to the field the participants are in (kind of hard to truely accomplish with a wilderness SAR team, but, it can be done even then). Also, if it's not something they do often, you can go for the c-spine/lbb in the pool. Make everyone take turns being the victim.

Meursault

Organic Mechanic
1. choose sport
2. create team, join league
3. win...
4. drink

Don't you mean
1. Choose sport.
2. Create team and join league.
3. ????
4. PROFIT!

Or
1. Assemble team
2. Join slow-pitch softball league
3. Drink.
4. Drink.
5. Play softball.
6. Drink.

MSDeltaFlt

RRT/NRP
Don't you mean
1. Choose sport.
2. Create team and join league.
3. ????
4. PROFIT!

Or
1. Assemble team
2. Join slow-pitch softball league
3. Drink.
4. Drink.
5. Play softball.
6. Drink.
I like your 2nd option.

enjoynz

Lady Enjoynz
I remember doing a Team Building exercise with a sales group I worked with once.
We were taking to an area (was an built up island actually) which none of us were familiar with. We were put in groups of 4 per Jeep (some rough, narrow roads there, lol), and sent on a treasure hunt. We were given a map of the area and clues to each new place we had to find for the next clue.
It got us thinking as a team (was also a good way to learn map reading!).
The winning team (first team back, with all the right answers) won a bottle of the local wine each!
Just a thought!

Cheers Enjoynz

Last edited by a moderator: