So I finally quit my job today

angels.girl84

Forum Crew Member
And now I'll be joining the thousands of EMT-B's looking for work in Riverside & San Diego county! woohoo! Well first I'm hoping to find somewhere to volunteer at first! Should be interesting :)

EmtBronco

Forum Ride Along
Happy hunting on both fronts. I've been hitting the wall that because of the expense for the gear for the volunteers some of the agencies are just not accepting new volunteers. I'm over in Elsinore so I know the hurt. That's the only reason I am still working and going to school while I look for an EMS job.

OP
OP
angels.girl84

angels.girl84

Forum Crew Member
Yeah I know it'll be hard (I'm in wildomar) but I figured I'd at least get started with looking even if I know I'm going to run into dead ends

Happy hunting on both fronts. I've been hitting the wall that because of the expense for the gear for the volunteers some of the agencies are just not accepting new volunteers. I'm over in Elsinore so I know the hurt. That's the only reason I am still working and going to school while I look for an EMS job.

rescue99

Forum Deputy Chief
And now I'll be joining the thousands of EMT-B's looking for work in Riverside & San Diego county! woohoo! Well first I'm hoping to find somewhere to volunteer at first! Should be interesting :)

Tough times to be quitting but, ya gotta do whatcha gotta do sometimes. Good luck on the new job hunt.

Sassafras

Forum Captain
Call me crazy but why would you quit a paying job when you don't have another lined up in this economy? I searched for over a year and just now landed an IFT job. I'm STILL looking for a 911 response job that pays. What is your back up plan if the job hunt is long and drawn out? I'm not trying to be snarkey, but it just seems like cutting your nose off to spite your face quiting a job before you have another lined up. Regardless, I hope the hunt is short for you and that you DO find something quickly. I will keep my fingers crossed.

OP
OP
angels.girl84

angels.girl84

Forum Crew Member
I quit my job because I was able to financially. Trust me I am anything but quick to jump.. The job I had was not working out for me anymore, office politics etc It's a long story and I guess thats my fault for just needing somewhere to post it... As far as the job hunt, It'll be interesting I've worked in every type of medical office so that is my back up, and a nice inside contact with a local hospital. So I'll see how it goes

Call me crazy but why would you quit a paying job when you don't have another lined up in this economy? I searched for over a year and just now landed an IFT job. I'm STILL looking for a 911 response job that pays. What is your back up plan if the job hunt is long and drawn out? I'm not trying to be snarkey, but it just seems like cutting your nose off to spite your face quiting a job before you have another lined up. Regardless, I hope the hunt is short for you and that you DO find something quickly. I will keep my fingers crossed.