Service ideas

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
I'm looking for ideas on how to help out at-risk community members. As many of you know, I'm not currently in EMS, rather I work in a grocery store and I'm still seeing a lot of elderly, immunocompromised, and parents with sick children coming in the store. My first idea is that I could offer to run errands in my spare time for some of these people so they don't have to go out in public themselves. I know a couple area grocery stores would allow me to put a flyer up. The only other idea I have so far is to up the frequency of my platelet and plasma donation to as often as is allowed as long as I'm healthy and to promote donation on social media. Platelets are only usable for five days after donation and two of those days go to testing, so it's critical to have a steady supply. Red Cross allows weekly platelet donations. Any else have ideas?

OP
OP
Seirende

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
I'm in a really good position to be able to expose myself to the public as I am as low-risk as it gets for having complications from COVID-19, I don't live with any high-risk persons, and I'm well versed in infection control.

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
Check in with your Food Bank or Adult Services.

Thanks for stepping up!

pregnancywhine

Forum Crew Member
I'm looking for ideas on how to help out at-risk community members. As many of you know, I'm not currently in EMS, rather I work in a grocery store and I'm still seeing a lot of elderly, immunocompromised, and parents with sick children coming in the store. My first idea is that I could offer to run errands in my spare time for some of these people so they don't have to go out in public themselves. I know a couple area grocery stores would allow me to put a flyer up. The only other idea I have so far is to up the frequency of my platelet and plasma donation to as often as is allowed as long as I'm healthy and to promote donation on social media. Platelets are only usable for five days after donation and two of those days go to testing, so it's critical to have a steady supply. Red Cross allows weekly platelet donations. Any else have ideas?
I do hope other people have a heart like yours. Instead of them whining against the government.