Rating?

Guardian

Forum Asst. Chief
When looking down a forum, I see a Rating column and some threads have check marks in the column. What does this mean exactly?

c-spine

Forum Lieutenant
I think it means you've subscribed to (posted in?) that forum. I've noticed that too.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
MMiz,

It's present in all of the forums from the forum index screen. I believe it's for a feature of vBulletin that we don't use here. It allows the members to rate/vote on threads.

Guardian,

There are some icons that are shown there that are applicable to everyone, though. The push pin icon means it's a thread that a moderator has pinned to the top of the forum, the box with the check mark is a thread that you've replied to.

If you really want to use the rating tool, you can do so from the thread itself. In the upper right hand corner, you will see several options such as "Search for Thread", "Rate this Thread" and "Display Options". Click on "Rate this thread" and submit your vote.

As you can see, I rated this thread "Good" and it now shows with several stars (reflecting an average of the ratings submitted)

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Ohhh.

Yeah, there is an option to rate the threads according to how "good" they are. I think it's a CL-only feature though. Ffemt seems to know more about this one than I do though.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
MMiz,

I went back and looked. You're right, it is a Community Leader only feature. My bad. :blush: