Random EKG Pop Quiz

doc5242

Forum Crew Member
Peaked P waves on the EKG are an indication of What ?

if you have P waves, Qrs, T all elevated above the Iso-electric line this is what ?

:rolleyes:

MariaCatEMT

Forum Asst. Chief
doc5242 said:
Peaked P waves on the EKG are an indication of What ?

if you have P waves, Qrs, T all elevated above the Iso-electric line this is what ?

:rolleyes:

Peaked P waves indicate an enlarged right atrium, or right atrial hypertrophy, well tall, peaked P waves. Hmm....the second one...all above isoelectric line...all positive....haha sorry thats all I know...I was a monitor tech and we didn't get as much training as paramedics. Just some fairly basic rhythm identification, anything beyond that I learned by asking the nearest cardiologist! Many of them would actually sit down with us at the monitors while they were charting on patients, and feed us little tid-bits of knowledge. So I would appreciate a training lesson! Thanks!

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
First check your electrode placement, as well as above post it may indicate right side atrial enlargement (hypertrophy) as well as potential lung diseases as defined a .."P- pulmonale"... a good assessment and history is essential to rule out, any progressive or underlying disease process.....

R/r 911

OP
OP
doc5242

doc5242

Forum Crew Member
1) Correct P waves Peaked could be Left Atrial Hypertrophy

2) All Above the iso electric line means Normal Sinus Rythem, This one was ment to throw you off as a joke !