Quick question about the Basic certification

costa

Forum Ride Along
So, this past spring I took the EMT-B course, but had to drop the course due to excessive stress from college. Is it possible to continue where I left off and finish the certification like that?

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
That would be a question for the program you dropped.

Historically, where I have taught and what I have seen/heard, the answer is no. I do not think it would be ideal to have a "rollover" join the program at week 5 or wherever you dropped. It would be far more disruptive than beneficial. I would protect the other student's interests over yours.

Do yourself a favor, go back and just start anew.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
So, this past spring I took the EMT-B course, but had to drop the course due to excessive stress from college. Is it possible to continue where I left off and finish the certification like that?
Short answer, likely no. Longer answer is about like the above. You need to talk to your program about their reentry process. While they may allow you to "roll back" into a course where you left off, they will most likely restart you with a class from the beginning. If they did restart you, they'd be wise to test your knowledge first to verify that you're up to speed and ready to pick up where you left off. It's less headache for them to just start over from the beginning and it refreshes you on information you might not recall well.