Ppe

emtgirl_in_training

Forum Crew Member
what types of personal protective equipment are you issued? is it anything above and beyond "standard precautions?" in july, my dept issued bunker-ish gear (even though we are discouraged from calling it that, as not to upset the firefighters. hehe, we do anyways.) and ridiculously expensive duty boots. the turnout coat/pants have a 10 second flash rating, but aren’t to fight fires. they are mostly for BBP. the boots are designed for confined space rescues and rated for high-grade splash protection (suppression is jealous). all in all, its warm but not too comfy or stylish (bright yellow has never been my color). if you don't have this stuff, do you want it?

Epi-do

I see dead people
We have the Morning Pride EMS gear in smurf blue with bright orange striping. It is nice and warm - I didn't get cold at all while building the snowman the other day. It also allows me to be able to wear sweats around the firehouse, which is nice. So far, I haven't had any runs where I really needed it for the protection that it provides.

yowzer

Forum Lieutenant
Clear plastic safety glasses for those who want, and disposable masks (There's a half dozen types, but only 1 is ever stocked, regardless of if you pass a fit test with that one or not...) and disposable gowns and faceshield masks. Gloves.