Post editing

ECC

Forum Captain
My sausage-fingers sometimes result in typographical errors, and I would like to edit my post...sometimes after the edit feature allows. Is it possible to set the edit feature to infinite? I post on other boards that allow you to edit your post whenever you feel like it.

JMHO!

Have a GREAT Weekend!

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Then some dimwit will come in and post a bunch of BS, then go back and erase it when they have a change of heart. Or they don't want to look stupid.

OP
OP
E

ECC

Forum Captain
Originally posted by TTLWHKR@May 28 2005, 02:52 PM
Then some dimwit will come in and post a bunch of BS, then go back and erase it when they have a change of heart. Or they don't want to look stupid.
Easily solved when you quote the nitwit in his entire nitwitness...then you will always have proof. ;)

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by ECC+May 28 2005, 04:10 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ECC @ May 28 2005, 04:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TTLWHKR@May 28 2005, 02:52 PM
Easily solved when you quote the nitwit in his entire nitwitness...then you will always have proof. ;) [/b][/quote]
Or just ban them for misuse.

I like banning people.

On the PA fire board I own, that's the only reason I check up on, to see who I can ban.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I agree, being able to edit posts is great, but it has proved problematic in the past.

We used to allow editing without limit. Then a member came along, made a bunch of posts, and ultimately had their posting rights limited for a while. They went back and edited almost all their posts, meaning MANY threads just didn't make sense or flow. That's what I don't want to happen.

Right now it's set at 5 minutes for editing, can you think of a number that would be better?

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
30 minutes? 60?

sometimes my spelling SUCKS!

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
27 Minutes

av-38.gif

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
How about leaving at the 5 minutes for new users...then up it when they have proved themselves worthy...say at 50 posts or 100 or something like that

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by EMTPrincess@May 29 2005, 07:45 AM
How about leaving at the 5 minutes for new users...then up it when they have proved themselves worthy...say at 50 posts or 100 or something like that
That sounds like a pretty keen idea. Heck, that's just the bees knees. :p

I wonder if that's possible, though? Many of these forums allow a list of a hundred options, but nothing really advanced. I have to pay 9.99 a month just to be able to set my board so that non-members can't view the sub categories.

Phridae

Forum Asst. Chief
I didn't notice that the edit button disappeared after a while.

I'm dyslexic so I have to go back and read and spell everyword slowly all the time otherwise I spell them all wrong and backwards. *shrugs*

CodeSurfer

Forum Captain
Originally posted by Phridae@Jun 1 2005, 12:09 AM
I didn't notice that the edit button disappeared after a while.

I'm dyslexic so I have to go back and read and spell everyword slowly all the time otherwise I spell them all wrong and backwards. *shrugs*
Remember... as long as the first and last letters are in the right place we will know what you mean.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
How does 5 minutes for users with less than 10 posts, and 1 hour for users with 10+ posts sound?

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Originally posted by MMiz@Jun 1 2005, 11:21 AM
How does 5 minutes for users with less than 10 posts, and 1 hour for users with 10+ posts sound?
Fantabulous. Can we do a trial period of a couple weeks and see how it goes?

OP
OP
E

ECC

Forum Captain
I would think that 50 is a good number to figure out if someone is a knucklehead or not.