Paramedic Student Essay Topics

Sasha

Forum Chief
Euthanasia in EMS? Your kidding right, I hope?

It's a good topic to debate. Considering the hell that old people are put through in the name of perserving life when they are no longer deemed competent to make their own decisions and family members just can't let go, and the fact EMS, hospital staff and nursing home staff are the ones that get to see it first hand, it could make for an interesting essay topic. No where did he say it must be related to EMS scope of practice.

VentMedic

Forum Chief
Euthanasia in EMS? Your kidding right, I hope?

Pallative Care or Comfort Care is sometimes referred to as "Killing me softly" and is also often disputed by some purists that it is legal euthanasia with a fine line that can be crossed. Thus, some MDs and RNs are afraid to make a patient comfortable as it may cross that line.

EMS will see Pallative Care patients as they have also been discussed on this thread. What is EMS allowed to do for these patients on scene or IFT and when it considered too much or too little?

WannaBeFlight

Forum Lieutenant
What about Assisted Suicide? It is a good topic, and has lots of different angles to it and it is a moral and ethical issue... I am doing that for my ethics class. Just an idea...;)