Pameds to work in Canada Info please

auna

Forum Ride Along
I am canadian and have finished an MD program abroad.i have also worked as a paramed in Russia(where i studied and finished my med school) .Would like to know what do i do to get a job as a paramed .I know i am over qualified since i am an MD but i'd like to know if i need go back to college to work as an paramed.

Last edited by a moderator:

BEorP

Forum Captain
I am canadian and have finished an MD program abroad.i have also worked as a paramed in Russia(where i studied and finished my med school) .Would like to know what do i do to get a job as a paramed .I know i am over qualified since i am an MD but i'd like to know if i need go back to college to work as an paramed.
Which province? And why not work as a physician where you have trained or work to get equivalency in Canada?

OP
OP
A

auna

Forum Ride Along
Live in quebec.Have finished high school here but went abroad on scholarship to do my Md.Well i am starting with the equivalency in my field but it will take a long time.So i was thinking may be do something to earn a bit while i tackle my exams.

BEorP

Forum Captain
Best of luck to you. I don't know anything about Quebec certification unfortunately.

Outbac1

Forum Asst. Chief

hklili

Forum Ride Along
auna...
every province in canada has a competency exam, to make sure you're at par with their standards. you may be considered as an MD overseas but this may mean nothing in canada if what they've taught you are not in protocol.

i'd say check each province's exam requirements.

gl